Will MTASA DM replace/include the race mod

Will the DM release of MTASA have all of the race modes, etc. that the Race version has? If so, does this mean that some servers will be "vehicle only" for racing, or will the races be modified slightly to allow people to walk around, etc. between races?

The core we have, that loads the race/deathmatch mods we mainly work on, has been updated quite a lot since race was created, which has made it incompatible, even though its very possible for us to update race, it would require a lot of time and effort, huge chunks would need rewriting.

This may very well happen, it hasn't been discussed yet, but i personally think we should leave it upto the community to make it with our scripting system - that way its kinda open-source and anyone can fix/change bits to suit their server.

I was hoping that there would be at least one built in race mode, given all of the effort that was put into race -- but what you are saying makes sense.

Obviously servers will be able to load whatever script mods they want, but the status quo tends to be to use the defaults. This would mean that racing would not be available on most servers. I hope I am proven wrong.

Maybe later on, some more "built in" modes will be made available which includes a race mode.