VOTE YOUR FAVOURITE MTA:SA ADD-ON !!!

SanZoR

Wich one is better MTA:SA Add-on?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich one is better MTA:SA Add-on?

• MTA:PRS
    • MTA:GUS

PRS. But the basic one sucks for usage on a server. It spams and looks bad.

The scripting is excellent and, after extensive modding by yours truly, it's a hell of a lot better than GUS, and I've used both on the server. So thanks to scoob for such excellent techincal foundationing.

i dont run either :lol:

i tried GUS out after a few peeps had some probs, quite a while back now. my average cpu usage from it was around 15% with 10 players in,

using PRS it was around 1%, of course its going to be faster the way its written but GUS has been around for some time and people in the early days of mta:race had nothing else to use but GUS. im sure some people will always prefer it because thats what theyre used to. however progress on it seems to have stopped quite some time ago.

im not here to compete, i just wanted u guys out there to have access to other scripts and id be quite happy to help anyone out there wanting to learn, modify or make new stuff for theirs.

if u dont have time or just dont have a clue, then u can always suggest stuff by posting on the PRS or PGS topics, if i think it would be something beneficial to us all, i will add it into later versions.

Gus becouse the other one lags on my cpu.

i dont wanna drag this out since its a topic for voting ur fav script, but prs is by far more cpu friendly than gus. u can see this if u open ur task manager and look at the cpu usage. on my pc, which is also 2.1ghz i get around 15% cpu usage with gus and 1% with prs with around 10 players on the server.

using the amount of ini's people have been seen to be using for storing players stats/cash/info etc, using gus it will get worse much faster than using prs. mainly because storing info in ini's gets really slow once the ini's fill up.

storing in hash tables is much faster.

its ur own opinion tho and thats fine.

Oh, btw, you can reduce the hash size.

There's a number that reads 1000 in the hash-section at the bottom. Basically it's how much resources (I'm not sure if it's CPU or Memory, or both) to give to any given hash. Anyway, if you decrease it, you increase checktimes but decrease stress on your machine.

Edit: "Its not a bad pc, 2.1 GHz Processor."

I've got 3.0 GHZ Intel, and it's what you'd call 'old'. Still I'm running a server AND playing C&C3. Your PC is bad, whatever specs you have.

of course.. u know i know this? :lol:

in my script they started off at 100, then 500, then 1000.

after a years worth of stats they will soon fill up. I thought 1000 would last u quite some time, also, the speed difference is not even noticable.

"A hash table can store an unlimited number of items regardless of the N you choose, however the bigger N is, the faster it will work, depending on the number of items stored.

eg. if you expect that you'll be storing 1000 items in the table, a table of N set to 100 is quite sufficient."

i have 1500 lines of stats at roughly 40 stats per line and my server isnt always very busy... thats around 60,000 stats.

of course u could always set the size individually too, which is what i did in my first script, since not all of them need to be that big.

but either way, the speed difference depending on hash size is not noticable at these sizes.