We have to pay now for MTADM??

pacwarz

Question

If this would be true, valve would quickly replace all the ads and brands in GTA for real ads and brands to make money off us.

But luckily it isn't.

Are ads necessarilly a bad thing? They make users aware of latest products, and generate revenue for both MTA and the company themselves. It means MTA can afford to sustain development and has a much higher incentive - this incentive is brought to its playerbase - allowing a much greater experience.

Why do you think mod support was added very recently? Besides the advantages of carmods etc, it gives a very easy engine to externally replace GTASA's billboard textures with those of real ads on the fly, for example. It means dynamic ads can be placed anywhere in san andreas, subtly. (i can give you a screenshot if you like).

If this would be true, valve would quickly replace all the ads and brands in GTA for real ads and brands to make money off us.

But luckily it isn't.

Are ads necessarilly a bad thing? They make users aware of latest products, and generate revenue for both MTA and the company themselves. It means MTA can afford to sustain development and has a much higher incentive - this incentive is brought to its playerbase - allowing a much greater experience.

Why do you think mod support was added very recently? Besides the advantages of carmods etc, it gives a very easy engine to externally replace GTASA's billboard textures with those of real ads on the fly, for example. It means dynamic ads can be placed anywhere in san andreas, subtly. (i can give you a screenshot if you like).

They are a bad thing if you look at CS. Valve has pretty much stopped the development of Counter-Strike 1.6 since the Source came out, if you don't count a few bugfixes. But there are still bugs of which they are aware of, and what do they do, fix them? Nope, they just slap a bunch of ugly pictures on walls and in scoreboard and in menu's and stuff, and claim that they're fun and improve gaming experience.

They give us no option to opt out of the ads, and make the "update" essential. Plus, when someone found a way to circumvent ads, they released a "bugfix" for that the NEXT day. I've never seen such a quick update from them, but this time they were driven by greed for money. Of course, their EULA allows them to do whatever they want without any warning or consequences.

Don't buy valve products, they are evil! :evil:

They are a bad thing if you look at CS. Valve has pretty much stopped the development of Counter-Strike 1.6 since the Source came out, if you don't count a few bugfixes. But there are still bugs of which they are aware of, and what do they do, fix them? Nope, they just slap a bunch of ugly pictures on walls and in scoreboard and in menu's and stuff, and claim that they're fun and improve gaming experience.

They give us no option to opt out of the ads, and make the "update" essential. Plus, when someone found a way to circumvent ads, they released a "bugfix" for that the NEXT day. I've never seen such a quick update from them, but this time they were driven by greed for money. Of course, their EULA allows them to do whatever they want without any warning or consequences.

I understand your fustrations, but ads arent something that will happen immediately. Obviously CS is the only game curently with Ads in it, and the switchover process will be slow and very smooth for you guys.

We have discussed this a lot and really feel the advantages outweigh the disadvantages - im sure you will agree when you will see what's to come.

i decided to research alittle, and i have found that Valve is really deciding to get on the MTA bandwagon, i guess the timing of the news it a bit bad. I tried showing the guys, but its gone now :( i'll post my screenshot in the news topic

Edited by Guest

I understand your fustrations, but ads arent something that will happen immediately. Obviously CS is the only game curently with Ads in it, and the switchover process will be slow and very smooth for you guys.

We have discussed this a lot and really feel the advantages outweigh the disadvantages - im sure you will agree when you will see what's to come.

CS is not the only game with ads, Sierra has introduced ads in SWAT4's new patch. SWAT4 is literally SWARMING with advertisements, they're all over the place, and player count has been steadily going down. Now, EA has also introduced ads in C&C3, but they're optional (you can turn them off in options), so people are ok with those. But what Valve did is really a betrayal of it's customers and players. There should be laws against that, just like against piracy. Customers need protection too!

oh man i can't believe what i just read

its not really the fact that i haave to pay hell i like the fact if its worth it but i hate steam i dont want anything to do with it i never want that crap on my pc and i'm sure most of you agree.

its the reason i never bought halflife 2 and i guess it'll be the end of mta for me after waiting how many years now?

put up a paypal link and dont commit suicide on us now guys sheesh

get the support of rockstar not valve..

screw valve and steam

whos with me?