MTASA:DM and Steam (by Kevuwk)

erorr404

After a lot of discussion with the guys over at Valve Software, it has been decided that the best way to release our next MTASA version would be through the Steam content delivery software.

The "Multi Theft Auto: Deathmatch" game entry was recently added to Steam as a stub (still only available to us developers), allowing us to experiment with this new way of patching.

mtasteam_small.jpg

Release plans are still being discussed right now, but MTA:SA "Deathmatch" is expected to be available for a small fee of $5.95. Steam customers will be able to order Multi Theft Auto, with just a few clicks, through the Steam ordering system. (They're expected to own a copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.)

Steam allows us to do more frequent on-demand updates, without requiring our users to go to our website and download new versions of the software. The dedicated servers can also be upgraded very easily through Steam, as some people may already know. We honestly think this is a good step forward for our development.

Obviously with this still in the development stage, the details of how this will work aren't fully outlined yet, but we will keep the community informed as and when we know.

This was an April fools joke for anybody who still thinks it was going to happen.

Edited by Guest
Actually, I would be glad to pay 100$ IF it comes out tomorrow. :roll:

I would pay no more then $25 if it came out tomorrow. But the thing is will a public beta "trial" be released? so that ppl can get like 3 days free to see if they like it? :P Plus would everyone have to pay? including the beta team? i know they help you find the bugs and test it but i dont think it would be fair to charge us but not them :roll: thats just MY option

If it aint a joke...

Well i wouldn't mind paying the $5.95 like i said just as long as the MTA team do support most of the day. Thats the main reason i would get mta dm if it was free then yea third-party support. sure they can help if you pay but if you do pay i would expect to see the mta team help most of the time