MTA team really suprized me....

Guest Mr_Kim

Yes but Rockstar i making something from scratch. The whole textures and gameplay has to be made from nothing. so that takes most of the time i think. Though, it is true it is their job to maken it so they have more time but still, it wouldn't hurt if MTA DM was released and update frequently. :)

It's crazy to compare Rockstar's progress to the MTA team's for the reasons NazcaC2 mentioned, plus the fact that not having the source code to the game also complicates things quite a bit, as does having only a couple of active developers versus dozens, etc..

I think this is getting out of hand again, turning into a MTA is better/SAMP is better flame war soon. I wish more people would just share the ideal that both should exist in neutrality towards each other, which will help contribute to the overall entirety of the MP community for GTA (which is small) for a number of reasons. Attempting to slander and advertise one of the mods just shows fear that you don't have the confidence that the mod you support (whether you are a developer or just a fan) will carry itself with it's quality.

So for cryin out loud please stop with the so and so is better than so and so, it gets you nowhere. I know there is incredibly obnoxious fanboyism out there but you shouldn’t retaliate with the same idiocy. Just remember that the core producer of SA-MP (Kyeman) was originally an MTA member and he assisted in the development in MTA. In fact, some of SA-MP is the work he carried from MTA. The MTA team was disappointed with this but there are no hostilities between them. There is actually a conversation at gtaforums.com to prove it (I can't find it right now due to them shutting down their search engine due to GTA:IV). The only hostility you see is created by the fanboys of either mod. So don't throw gasoline on the fire, just give both devs on each side a break and be neutral. The only thing you accomplish is delaying the development and destroying the community (ESPECIALLY with the final product, including hacks, annoying players, etc.) for both sides.

Think about a few months ago, everyone was pissed MTA was still in development and started to look to SA-MP, and slandering MTA left and right trying to somehow make us feel threatened enough to release the mod. Now the tables seem to have turned with all eyes focusing on SA-MP. Now I don't know about them, but MTA is not influenced by flaming. Its been around for years and theres not much left we haven't seen here (forum deletions, leaks, ddos attacks, etc.)

I know this post isn't going to change anything but, maybe it planted a seed of enlightenment somewhere.

Yeah i agree Ransom, bashing another mod on a different mods forum is so easy these days. It's hard to say whats the better mod, every mod got its ups and downs... anyway it's the community that creates the "competition" not the devs. To be honest i think Kyeman will be satisfied if MTA:SA dm will be a nice release ;)

Imagine if both mod teams merged... And this is where my post stops. Nothing more about it.

Essentially they were at one point, Kyeman just started his own team. They split apart because they have different values (in gameplay, release dates, anti cheat, public relations, etc). One uses its own core and the other still prefers the scm so they're totally different. Plus the complexity of MTA's core requires a lot of college/university level skill to code + a fundamental understanding of GTA's systems which is the main reason why the MTA team cannot recruit even the most qualified candidates. A merge just isn't logical or possible.

People don't understand the only reason it looks bug free in the videos is because: Do you really think the MTA team is going to show a video filled with bugs? That would confuse the people watching, and they wouldn't know whether what they just saw was suppost to happen or is a bug. Let hope now that their updates are not taken the wrong way or giving the wrong impression.

People don't understand the only reason it looks bug free in the videos is because: Do you really think the MTA team is going to show a video filled with bugs? That would confuse the people watching, and they wouldn't know whether what they just saw was suppost to happen or is a bug. Let hope now that their updates are not taken the wrong way or giving the wrong impression.

Exactly, would they show a video of windows error boxes, or freezes, or sync issues? Of course not. They wan't you to see what the game would be like when its released and these problems are fixed.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe if they stopped adding so many features, they would stop having to fix the new bugs that arise as a result... :o

There is always time in the future to release more features... there's going to be so much that we can already do, that most of us are probably going to be confused out of our minds. I say release it simple now, and add cool features later. We'll be plenty busy playing, and using the features that are already in the mod, that we won't care how long it takes for more features to be added in the future.

I agree, this is getting ridiculous.

-RaFFi

There are positive and negative sides to both aspects. The effects ARE known by the team since it was in incremental releases once upon a time. If you are serious about your stance then you should already know some of the basic counter arguments so I won't waste my fingers.

I will say however that I agree that MTA has gotten beyond a 1-time release project, and the name of the game has changed. With most of the original core developers grown up and moved on, development is MUCH slower. ESPECIALLY with a project that requires 10x more work with the "blue" core. I remember a little while after I came on the scene as a newbie, when current MTA developer eAi was only a halfop on IRC and a big fan. We were acquainted a few times before he joined the MTA team as a newbie, and now hes one of the most vital torch carriers and among the most vetern members remaining in the MTA project. Much of the work I do as a QATEAM member, I ask for his permissions first (as he is one of the top contributors in terms of work completed).

As I mentioned in an above post it is hard to find people to do the work. I've seen new faces come and then go just as quickly as they arrived. It really is hard to find people have the REAL skills and the passion to do this work. Its been very exhausting for me to help these guys release the mod. I've put in countless hours of work myself doing some important tasks (as have other qa members) and I'm not even coding! I can't imagine the amount of time and stress these guys deal with, especially with all this bitching and moaning about how they should do it despite the fact it is their project being created by their work on their own free time. Yet, they are some of the best sports I've ever seen. They can decide a path and stick to it, no matter what opposition they face (and theres been so much different opposition over the years!) I think this time, however, the current path needs to be changed in light of such extreme unexpected changes over the past 2 years. Anyway here I am rambling about the intrestingly long existence of MTA, I better stop.

I will say that I am campaigning for incremental releases and it seems to be generally accepted by the MTA members now, even the ones who didn't like the idea in the past. It is quite possible that it may happen. Its just very hard to organize a total change in operations.

Edited by Guest

the mta team don't actually do the videos anyway, that is one of the various things that the qa team do to free up some more of the mta teams time

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of complainers on this forum.

For one, there are several game developers and when they have set release dates and forums, none of whom I have seen are complaining having to wait till it's released. Normally, it's other irrelevant chatter.

Secondly, when game developers have announced a game and use the developer's and other forums, again, I've never seen lame rants asking the developers to release it sooner. Now, I realize this is an add-on/mod but it shouldn't be any different than the norm.

Thirdly, there are other games to play, this isn't the only one on the planet. Play something else and don't dwell on when it will be released. Forums are there for more reasons than one. Remember what happens when you look at the clock while waiting; time seems to go by much slower.

Not once have I ever whined to have a game/mod released sooner than it's ready to be. I just hope people will grow up one of these days and let the developers be; unfortunately, I don't think that will happen.

Anyways, fantastic job with the progress and kudos to the people who cheer on the MTA team with their positive feedback.

For one, there are several game developers and when they have set release dates and forums, none of whom I have seen are complaining having to wait till it's released. Normally, it's other irrelevant chatter.

Secondly, when game developers have announced a game and use the developer's and other forums, again, I've never seen lame rants asking the developers to release it sooner. Now, I realize this is an add-on/mod but it shouldn't be any different than the norm.

Thirdly, there are other games to play, this isn't the only one on the planet. Play something else and don't dwell on when it will be released. Forums are there for more reasons than one. Remember what happens when you look at the clock while waiting; time seems to go by much slower.

Not once have I ever whined to have a game/mod released sooner than it's ready to be. I just hope people will grow up one of these days and let the developers be; unfortunately, I don't think that will happen.

Anyways, fantastic job with the progress and kudos to the people who cheer on the MTA team with their positive feedback.

second that

second that

Third that,

and I also read both of ransom's walls of text and totally agree :wink: