MTA team really suprized me....

Guest Mr_Kim

i never thought this was going to happen, modding cars and stuff, custom models in MTA SA, you guys are pretty sweet, keep up the good work.

i love how you guys have waffles and oreo's for wheels on the video.

im speechless. keep up your good work, hopefully soon when MTA DM is released, id try this mod stuff out.

you guys are so great, you beat the hell out of SA-MP. i know they never could do that

Yea, it's hard work...But when is it really enough? How long does this need to drag on before the mod is finally released? Now I know I'm breaking the unspoken "golden" rule to not talk about any kind of release date...But when will they call it enough and finally just release it? There's always going to be new things to add and mod in, so essentially, this will never be finished. Obviously from the videos, the mod's more than finished and capable of playing.

Don't get me wrong, the add-ons they're doing is neat...But you've got to draw the line somewhere. I don't sit on this site day in and day out waiting on the release date...I've got plenty of other things which are more of a concern to me, but this is getting rediculous.

Yea, it's hard work...But when is it really enough? How long does this need to drag on before the mod is finally released? Now I know I'm breaking the unspoken "golden" rule to not talk about any kind of release date...But when will they call it enough and finally just release it? There's always going to be new things to add and mod in, so essentially, this will never be finished. Obviously from the videos, the mod's more than finished and capable of playing.

Don't get me wrong, the add-ons they're doing is neat...But you've got to draw the line somewhere. I don't sit on this site day in and day out waiting on the release date...I've got plenty of other things which are more of a concern to me, but this is getting rediculous.

Mainly it is bugs that are preventing the mod from releasing. These are issues you don't see or hear about, but they exist and the community would not be pleased if they weren't fixed.

The base mod and version of DM is finished. All those little extras (such as the giant Oreo monstertruck wheels) are the things with bugs they continuously work on. Any time you add a new feature, it's going to cause new bugs to show up...Maybe just with that new feature, or sometimes it can cause bugs on what you've already made....Delaying the progress further.

As I said before, this mod technically will "never" be finished, simply because there's always something new that you can add to a mod. It's the fact that they have to draw the line somewhere and say enough is enough.

I absolutely second that...things that you are implementing right now just doesn't suite a first (beta) release. One of the team members said that making cars with piewheels aren't slowing down the release... If that's true, what exactly is slowing down the release then?

So if there's still bugs in the vanilla part of the DM mod, how can they resume in making new portions of the game or making new features? How could that work out if the base part of the mod still can't be run on its own??

It's just fine for the actual creators of this mod (and those who are "in" with them) to not release the DM mod...They can get online and play it whenever they want. It's not off anything to them if they don't release it to everyone else. If they want to add all these new other features, why not just release a regular version of DM, while they work on additional features of the mod? That's how it's done everywhere else in the gaming world...For instance, why would a company be working on a 1.5 updated version before they even release v1.0??

I don't really see how "piewheels" could really impact the mod that much. It's almost as if they're seeing just how far they can drag it out, and just how long they can keep people going on it. What good are all of these "updates" and "videos" if they don't even plan on releasing the mod any time soon? To show the "progress"?? Well the "progress" of the game is fine for playing. I'd imagine if different fighting styles and vehicle mods are capable at this point in time, I'm sure getting out of your car and shooting weapons was already finished.

And really, if the basic part of DM isn't even finished yet, the MTA team has indeed surprised me...By taking over two years of coding and still not having the capability of that in the mod. That is the basics of DM, right?? Getting out of your car and fighting on foot?? In that case, as shown in the videos, it is possible. So why not release that, and make updates as it becomes available. If the team thinks they can release a complete mod, with no bugs, and no updates or patches needed, they're not being rational, and this mod in fact will never be finished or released.

Henderson: you don't seem to understand. If DM was released like SA-MP was, everyone would be complaining. TBH, it's better to use something that's "as complete as it can get." None of us want to play with incomplete and buggy programs. Sure, there are people playing SA-MP but that's because they want to get out of their vehicles. I prefer the MTA:SA Race over SA-MP by far due to its completeness and features. And, for the most part, it's better to play with something with many features with expandability rather than something measily.

I understand the situation, and I also prefer to play MTA Race than SAMP. But the fact is, even if the MTA team released DM right now, it'd be far better than SAMP is. They've worked on it for over 2 years. It wouldn't be horribly buggy like SAMP is. The point I'm just trying to make is that this is being drug on way too long.

So if there's still bugs in the vanilla part of the DM mod, how can they resume in making new portions of the game or making new features? How could that work out if the base part of the mod still can't be run on its own??

It's just fine for the actual creators of this mod (and those who are "in" with them) to not release the DM mod...They can get online and play it whenever they want. It's not off anything to them if they don't release it to everyone else. If they want to add all these new other features, why not just release a regular version of DM, while they work on additional features of the mod? That's how it's done everywhere else in the gaming world...For instance, why would a company be working on a 1.5 updated version before they even release v1.0??

I don't really see how "piewheels" could really impact the mod that much. It's almost as if they're seeing just how far they can drag it out, and just how long they can keep people going on it. What good are all of these "updates" and "videos" if they don't even plan on releasing the mod any time soon? To show the "progress"?? Well the "progress" of the game is fine for playing. I'd imagine if different fighting styles and vehicle mods are capable at this point in time, I'm sure getting out of your car and shooting weapons was already finished.

And really, if the basic part of DM isn't even finished yet, the MTA team has indeed surprised me...By taking over two years of coding and still not having the capability of that in the mod. That is the basics of DM, right?? Getting out of your car and fighting on foot?? In that case, as shown in the videos, it is possible. So why not release that, and make updates as it becomes available. If the team thinks they can release a complete mod, with no bugs, and no updates or patches needed, they're not being rational, and this mod in fact will never be finished or released.

Duuuuude, you fail.

You see, MTA Team has been working on DM while working on race. This is basically far beyond the basics. Hell, when making anything, you make the basics first, not the features. Can't have the features without the basics.

The gameplay bugs don't prevent new features from being added, and trust me, they are not making this to enjoy it for themselves. In fact, I never see any of the devs play the mod with the testers (except for the rare case where they need help tracking down a bug). Also, I don't think adding a new feature now and then diverts too much time away from fixing bugs. It is the bugs that are holding back the release, not the feature additions.

You must not have any idea of how many issues arise when creating a mod such as this. There are many more variables that make the mod playable other than simply getting out of your car and fighting on foot. They are not aiming for a perfect mod, they are only aiming for one that the community will enjoy.

I don't think everyone shared the 'get a release out, then frequently update it' idea until a few months ago, we were trying to add as many nice features as possible.. that obviously has delayed the first release of DM (would anyone play it if it wasn't as good or better than the current mods out there?), but dev inactivity is the main reason for the amount of time its taking.

Anyway, no one but the devs really know what they're talking about when it comes to MTAs progress, many people seem to think adding certain features (especially the most recent) is delaying things, but thats completely untrue.

Fighting-styles for example, took about 30mins to get some game-layer code done, then maybe 10 more to add to the network-layer (syncing).. not even comparable to the hours and hours we spend on fixing bugs and working on the most important things.

Features are like incredibly small breaks for devs, its nice to have a change now and then.

Henderson: It's understandable you'd assume the things you do, but complaining isn't going to help in any way.

Oh, and how can you reduce custom model support to "pie-wheels", are you retarded?

Time is of the essence. :P

Remember though, Rockstar is in a real company and the people who work for them do these things for a living (hence the development time). The MTA team does this part time and have other real life jobs and family and friends to spend time with.

Also, how long do you think Rockstar takes to make their new GTA? It's not done overnight either. GTA:SA was released in 2005, releasing other games during that period and probably releasing GTAIV in 2007.

Remember though, Rockstar is in a real company and the people who work for them do these things for a living (hence the development time). The MTA team does this part time and have other real life jobs and family and friends to spend time with.

That's true, I don't blame them for having one ;)

Also, how long do you think Rockstar takes to make their new GTA? It's not done overnight either. GTA:SA was released in 2005, releasing other games during that period and probably releasing GTAIV in 2007.

Yes but Rockstar i making something from scratch. The whole textures and gameplay has to be made from nothing. so that takes most of the time i think. Though, it is true it is their job to maken it so they have more time but still, it wouldn't hurt if MTA DM was released and update frequently. :)