Scripting Tutorial 7 - Bomb Shop

Ransom

Damn good tut.

If you have connected from USA to Europen server and you had 150ms ping then it is unbeliveable.

Bombing is cool, now new ideas comes to my mind about movies.

EDIT:

I was just wandering where is the script ready to be downloaded.

Also, you haven't put a little discription in actual 7th tutorial's site, like in other tutorials.

Apologies, accident from trying to properly format the tut. As you may have noticed, the others have some line wrapping or other presentation problems. It has proven to be a pain to format these things in HTML.

Fixed.

Hey nice tutorial, also cool concept. Missed that on the normal San Andreas. (i know there is an 8ball bomb shop) However i found this tutorial amazing specially stat engine bomb (mob rpg is going to be awesome). well MTA developer kudos.

"Press 1-5 to choose your bomb."

Duh, and which one is 5th?

I am also curious, if bomb arming is binded to the "vehicle_fire", how would you be able to do a DB?

Answered your first question in the comments of the newspost, for the second question:

bindKey ( player, "vehicle_fire", "down", "armBomb" )

unbindKey ( player, "vehicle_fire", "down", "armBomb" )

This is binding the key to the function armBomb. Thus, when you press the key that function is triggered (if the conditions are met as he specified as well). The driveby action on the keypress is not being removed.

To add onto what ransom is saying, the driveby will work fine as it is not disabled (there is a separate function if u were to disable the "vehicle_fire" altogether).

The only flaw is that if you were to press "vehicle_fire" at any moment, including during drivebys, itd activate the bomb - and in my opinion this is a minor flaw, as there's exactly the same problem in single player with clashes of bombs/drivebys/nitro. Presumably the driver who fitted the bomb would be aware of it anyway

It's a good tutorial, car bombs!

But with the rc vehicles, you can still see the driver :(

Can't this be fixed?

It probably can. But i dont see it being a major problem. Its not something that's worth dedicating time over imo.

It's a good tutorial, car bombs!

But with the rc vehicles, you can still see the driver :(

Can't this be fixed?

It probably can. But i dont see it being a major problem. Its not something that's worth dedicating time over imo.

Yes, i wouldn't see it to as a major problem, but MTA would be better :wink:

4) Is there any way to hide players' "markers" (blip on map) from other team than yours?

5) Is there any way to hide players names' and leave their health bar visible?

Those are also great for TDMs