Scripting Tutorial 6 - King of the Hill Gamemode

jhxp

Nice gamemode :P

This is gonna be the greatest mod ever, I can't wait 8)

This is just the beginning! There are people who will be making more and more complex gamemode!

I love to read every tutorial, and I can't wait to see the list of the functions you have already. Nice tutorial, especially showing that you made something similar to single player's gang war flashing radar! Also increasing weapons damage!

EDIT:

I have noticed that the radar area is a circle-shaped? Coz' the is the actor (player) and when he stands on the corner of the building there is a message that he left the area and his score isn't increasing. Is that a circular shape?

createRadarArea ( X, Y, sizeX, sizeY, R, G, B, A, [ elements visible to ] )

It doesn't look like it is a circle.

It is not a circle. Building's corners are just not in the zone.

And why grenades still cause "scuicide"? You have player coords, throwing grenade, you have coords the of player, who has died because of explosion, you have (or are able to count) the speed of a grenade. Is it so difficult to calculate who has killed a player with an explosion and give a frag for that? (the same with a hunter)

Can you make Team-KotH? That would be very nice :D

It's not yet revealed but I think scripting teams is nothing more than checking if player x is in column x of the player table. With the code available you can already script a function that does something (or nothing) when players in the same team shoot each other (i.e. auto-kill team killer after x damage or show a warning message).

Can you make Team-KotH? That would be very nice :D

It's not yet revealed but I think scripting teams is nothing more than checking if player x is in column x of the player table. With the code available you can already script a function that does something (or nothing) when players in the same team shoot each other (i.e. auto-kill team killer after x damage or show a warning message).

there are functions for teams, so any team related script should be possible, will see if i can persuade the qa team to make a tutorial of a team game soon

It is not a circle. Building's corners are just not in the zone.

I see now. I didn't look properly, the building's edges are not in area, but middle is.

I'd also like to see some 'team' script.

I'm so glad to see this game mode being made possible in MTA. I have had this idea for a VERY long time. Obviously I just couldn't make it happen. This is going to be much like the single player (or I hope it is) where 2 (or more) teams or gangs fight for territories. This is going to be AWESOME. I am sure the MTA team is capable of creating new vehicles (like the trolley seen in screenshots) like a black hawk transport helicopter or etc... black hawk may be a bit too much for GTA lol. But things like this would be REALLY unique. All we await is release :D I am very anxious for it to release this weekend. Then again I've been anxious every weekend for that to happen.