Objects look like 'exploding'

Guest ShortY

Hi everyone,

I have a problem, when I'm in the MTA map editor and I create a random object, it looks like 'exploded' when I look down with my mouse.

When I look a little up, the object looks normal. Here are some screenshots. It is annoying me like hell! :evil: Can anyone help me with this?

THE EVIL OBJECT:

gtasa20070307154536pc0.png

THE NORMAL OBJECT:

gtasa20070307154608vu7.png

What norby said,

Does your pc has the system requirements?

Minimum System Requirements:

1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor

256MB of RAM

8x DVD-ROM Drive

3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install

64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)

DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card

Keyboard & Mouse

Recommended System Requirements

Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)

384(+) MB of RAM

16x DVD-ROM drive

4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install

128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)

DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card

Game pad with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)

Keyboard & Mouse

I've had that same problem, did your screen just black for nothing?

I had this (the explosion effect, as you call it), got worse and worse, then my screen went black. Problem (screen going black) didnt occur for 3 months, then it happened again, then just 1 month for the next "black-out", one week, a few days, ending with just 10 minutes...

Turned out to be a broken graphics card :(

(btw. my graphics card is an ATI/MEDION RADEON 9800XL, the fan was broken or something)

Edited by Guest

I've heard that some other guys I know have the same problem. The problem also occures when somebody says something on Xfire. Now that is normal, but this, kind of strange. My System:

AMD Athlon64 3700+ @ 2.4 Ghz

1024 MB Kingston HyperX

200 GB HDD

ASUS Extreme N6600GT 256 MB @ 590 mhz / 1130 mhz

Everyting is being cooled very well.. No problems with artifacts or heat. My graphics card also has the Arctic NV Silencer 6 on it. And my system is way to fast for San Andreas :lol: . So graphics or something is not a problem. I only have this problem in MTA map editor, not in the game or something..

Strange! :shock:

I have a similar PC with you, and I'm using ASUS 6600GT also (256MB PCI-E). So far I have no problem like this in MTA, but usually this is caused by overheating of your graphic card. Try to open your PC casing while you run it. If it still appears, maybe its some other issues.

Note : Actually your system is not very fast for san andreas, mine is Intel P4 3.2GHz, 1GB RAM (Kingston, but forgot which 'type'). When I play GTA:SA with full graphic settings, it also lags sometimes. Well, now I am waiting for 8600 Ultra (the price seems to be around 200USD). Its a lot better than my 6600GT, and most importantly, its DX10 compliant card ;)

I have a similar PC with you, and I'm using ASUS 6600GT also (256MB PCI-E). So far I have no problem like this in MTA, but usually this is caused by overheating of your graphic card. Try to open your PC casing while you run it. If it still appears, maybe its some other issues.

It's not an overheating problem, because the temperature of my graphics card, even at very high room temperatures, does not get higher than 55/60 degrees stressed.(graphics card can handle up to some 100 degrees). When I open my pc case, the temperature only gets higher, I don't know if you know something about 'airflow,' but I doubt it :? . There are plenty of 120mm fans in my pc.

Note : Actually your system is not very fast for san andreas, mine is Intel P4 3.2GHz, 1GB RAM (Kingston, but forgot which 'type'). When I play GTA:SA with full graphic settings, it also lags sometimes. Well, now I am waiting for 8600 Ultra (the price seems to be around 200USD). Its a lot better than my 6600GT, and most importantly, its DX10 compliant card ;)

My system is way too good if you compare it to the recommended sytem requirements, that's what I thought. My system only laggs a little when I turn the resolution at 1280x1024 and 3x AA(so far it doesn't lag) and when I turn on Very high quality, I notice a little lag, so...

Thanks for the help guys, but the problem is still here :cry:

• 5 months later...

You are all Xfire users correct?

Cos ive found that, the problem completley goes away if you Close Xfire before loading MTA and the Editor.

i think its got somthing to do with the way Xfire uses the GFX card while games are using it to bring up its In Game chat windows.