Tired of seeing 'You crashed me!" arguments

wankawitz

Question

This is somewhat of a rant...and probably already been brought up before, but I'm real tired of people in MTA:SA arguing over who crashed into them or 'rammed' them. First of all, isn't the game so out of sync with lag issues and such than no one can really successfully crash/ram anyone else persistently on purpose? I know people i've tried to send a few people swerving in the past, and just got spun out myself, happens all the time to me. I usually have under an 80 ping when I'm playing, and the majority of players are over 200 ping, but I still can't crash anyone on purpose. Which is why I try and stay as far away from everyone as possible. If anyone else runs into me just a little bit I'm pretty much screwed.

Everytime I'm playing MTASA I see these arguments. People yelling at other people. It's like no one can accept that there are going to be many collisions in this game, and it's not all going to be easy driving. Do people think they're just going to log on and race the whole time without being touched?

I get yelled at fairly often too. People saying I crashed them, when in fact I didn't even know they were anywhere near me. Then the road rage ensues. People try and crash people who they think crashed them earlier in the game, and then they come back and crash the other person, and so on. I was kicked from a server earlier because someone accused me of crashing them on purpose, while I had no idea this person was anywhere around me (the person started behind me actually, and I never looked backward the whole race)

People are road rage crazy in this game. This isn't driver's ed. It's GTA racing. You will get hit, you may crash in a fiery inferno because of someone else's (intentional or unintentional) actions. I know it's frustrating, but you gotta accept it as part of the game.

Is it even against the rules (specifically at gamersedge) to crash into other people on purpose to try and better your chances of getting a high finish position? Seems to me that should be a part of the game (if you could actually do it intentionally with any luck). Of course no one should intentionally try and block jumps or small paths, that's just being a prick :P

Anyone agree with that? Sorry if I didn't make sense at times, it's really late :?

Also, all these problems could be eliminated if my suggestion was implemented :D - http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=18939

7 answers to this question

I'm real tired of people in MTA:SA arguing over who crashed into them or 'rammed' them....

the majority of players are over 200 ping...
If anyone else runs into me just a little bit I'm pretty much screwed.
Everytime I'm playing MTASA I see these arguments. People yelling at other people...
I get yelled at fairly often too...

I was kicked from a server earlier because someone accused me of crashing them on purpose, while I had no idea this person was anywhere around me...
People are road rage crazy in this game...

Welcome to the internet.

I try and stay as far away from everyone as possible...

yes do that

I am not trying to take your quotes out of context, I'm just showing how all these statements are the usually occurance in online gaming

Edited by Guest

Erm, how can crashing into someone be a kickable offense? I thought the aim of MTA:Race was to WIN races, by any means necessary

If I were you, I would stay away from servers like that, and turn the chathud off, if u really wanna talk to someone you could use TeamSpeak

I actually always stay away from people, but still get ran off the road very often. It definitly looks like the people do it purposely that's for sure, but anytime I touch another car mine gets spun out or stops in it tracks :?

I don't even bother trying to ram people because it won't work for me anyway lol. Sometimes when ppl try to ram me they get spun out themselves and I just laugh, they deserve it anyway. But no matter what, people will always try to be a-holes, so you just gotta do what you can to prevent it, in my case I simply stay away :P

Erm, how can crashing into someone be a kickable offense? I thought the aim of MTA:Race was to WIN races, by any means necessary

Well, admins get frustrated too, and when I renjoined I wasn't kicked again, so that was good i guess :P - But I agree, I don't think it should be a kickable offense either, but maybe that's just how the rules are at that particular server. If you want to crash out other people to get ahead, I think you should be able to. It's not a good way to make friends, it is a good way to make many enemies :) - Like I said I try and stay away from others as much as i can.

Well, admins get frustrated too, and when I renjoined I wasn't kicked again, so that was good i guess :P - But I agree, I don't think it should be a kickable offense either, but maybe that's just how the rules are at that particular server. If you want to crash out other people to get ahead, I think you should be able to. It's not a good way to make friends, it is a good way to make many enemies :) - Like I said I try and stay away from others as much as i can.

Any chance this was in the [sKC]-clan racing server ??

We do have rules that forbid ramming. Our server is all about good racing, no silly falling maps and very litlle dm-maps. We do not tolerate ramming on purpose cuz this just ruines the gaming experience for a lot of people. It's true that desync and lag are a problem and sometimes u will get smacked off the road cuz of that but that doesnt justify ruining someone else's race on purpose just for the "fun" of it imho. All we do is kick people and warn them but if they are really not willing to stop the ramming they will get banned. Warpers and laggers are also immediately kicked and there's a 200ms pinglimit. I guess it really depends from server to server. Some will tolerate it and thereby attracting a lot of the noobies and some will not...