Just release DM already...

Here's an idea...

How about they release a public beta... and those that are too snobby to play a "half-finished, buggy, non-perfect, featureless" mod, don't have to; no one is making them play the game. They can wait 'till a more stable release is out; and the people that just want to friggen' play the game because they're sick and tired of waiting can play it. If they complain that it's buggy, they can go F*** themselves because they brought it on themselves.

There's a solution that makes everyone happy! :D

-RaFFi

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If u want play mp that is made with few months visit http://www.sa-mp.com :P

Except they've been working on DM for more than just a few months now, and when .2 comes out, it's going to be a DM version that's had the previous "Few months work" PLUS the several months worth of work they've been doing.

... Y'all're gonna be eating your own words, but I'll wait. :wink:

Somebody, somewhere does need to make a decision and get this product released ASAP.

Every month that passes without a release is bad news for MTA.

I have heard/read all the comments about "it's ready when it's ready", and i understand that train of thought, but i do fear when it is released, it may be to late.

There isn't an argument that many, many players have left the MTA scene, and i cannot say if they will return, i have no idea whatsoever.

But the longer this wait goes on, the less people there will be to play it, technology and gaming move on quickly and people lose interest.

I appreciate all the effort the developers have put into this, and i will continue to wait for the release, but IMO, the continued delay is harmful to the eventual finished product.

Why put so much time and effort into something, which ultimately may end up being played by a handful.

If this was under my control, i would set a date and be done with it.

The updates are few and far between, and patience is wearing thin, after all, you can bet your bottom dollar most of the people waiting have been playing SAMP, and before long they will be bored with the whole San Andreas thing.

Hurry up MTA, or all this effort may be a waste of time.

And before anyone jumps on my back regarding pushing for a release date, i have been registered here since before San Andreas was released, and have never, ever, ever asked for a release date or complained about the time taken to complete.

Seriously though, people do not wait for ever......

Somebody, somewhere

They're called the Devs, friend.

need to make a decision and get this product released ASAP

I wasn't aware they answered to you.

Every month that passes without a release is bad news for MTA.

Says who? Most of those that left during the development process will return for the release.

but i do fear when it is released, it may be to late.

See above.

But the longer this wait goes on, the less people there will be to play it, technology and gaming move on quickly and people lose interest.

Nobody played San Andreas for the cutting edge graphics or the amazing realism and audio. A truly "great" game is immortal.

the continued delay is harmful to the eventual finished product.

How? The "eventual finished project" can only get better if more time is allotted for development.

Patience, grasshopper.

How? The "eventual finished project" can only get better if more time is allotted for development.

Thats NOT correct!!

Wtf does it mean?? Its version 1.0... so ITS ESSENTIALS that it have bugs.

Its impossibile create something WITHOUT bugs, so don't say more time= better software... is true yeah, but this is "custom software" its no need YEARS for development, and there no sense to add something like "big gps map, Team Kill prevent and other GOOD but USELESS stuff for the FIRST release...."

Add all this features, in FUTURE version not in the first... cuz this mean

More Bugs=>More time to fix=>more time for the release.

Release 1.0 mean SIMPLE feutures...

Anyway speak about this is totally useless, because "dev" make what they want to do... so release when you want... the problem will be yours, not mine...

People, its one thing to wait a couple of months maybe a year for a modification OK. But this is taking 2 YEARS.

Do u want another sa-mp? :roll:

They have made it really long, but think how good it comes. There are`nt many multiplayers where are so much extra stuff made by multiplayer creators. But here are coming map editor, text displays, teleport and so on. If u want play mp that is made with few months visit http://www.sa-mp.com :P

Just a few months? SA-MP has a year's worth of work into it, son, and thats not including the base that we've been working on since April of 2005.

Didn't you guys can it, like two times, You need to force frame limiter on.

I'd say no at the frame limiter. Or at least set it at 35-40.

Sa-mp isn't to bad. It could use some polishing up, and some more things synced, then I think it will be pretty good. But it lacks a easy to use map editor, and to me, that's one of the best parts of mta. Without it, it's just the same old thing, running around san andreas. It gets old after a while, and that's why I got bored of sa-mp. I hope mta's map editor is nice and user friendly. The one with race is pretty good and hopefully they have improved on that. I think the map editor alone is one of the reasons race is still around. Now for all you that just want this rushed and released, then you'll just complain about bugs and other crap. You can never please them all, and I think in the end if it takes longer, but is better all around, it's worth it.

I'm pretty sure they want to get it done as much as we want to play it. I really doubt they are not releasing just to anger the community, what would be the point in that?

Also, in all this time, I really doubt they are programming every single day. You have to factor in things like boredom, frusteration, team conflicts and just general rl issues. I would love to be able to play mta right now, but if they gave in and released it right now, obviously it wouldn't be ready enough to be enjoyed, odds are we would try it out and then just spend more time waiting for a patch to fix the things that they didn't have a chance to alpha test.

They really need put some certain facts on the table. We are so much % far in dev, this ... month is the release of the ... beta/alpha/2.0 for the public.

Get some clarifications, this is really taking to long. GTA4 will be out when you'll release this for christ sake! No, I'm not saying it will have MP... but come on!

Uhm. Okay i read all posts and i have a question... Do u think, if the developers dont release the multiplayer fast, nobody will play it? I dont think so, it's all depending on advertisement, and other stuff, if people will see videos of the features on youtube, they'll get more interest in it, even if they are sa-mp fanboys. Look, they are HUMANS for fucks sake, not some piece of hardware. When MTA VC released everyone said, MTA team doesn't care about the community's suggestions and such, but now, they've learned the lesson and does what they need to do, listening to the community, and implementing the features what the community needs. IF u cant understand that, then play sa-mp a half or a hour, and u'll understand what the word "precision" means (that's what the sa-mp team forgot.). And u cant be angry on the team, because they do this for US, you and me, and nobody pays them, not even Rockstar Games. So pls stop complaining about the release, and be patient. Im a part of the community too, and i can WAIT and im not complaining about the release date, because i know its a pain in the ass, and slows down the team's work.

I agree with the guy that did the initial post... I did the same, went away for months then I was installing SA to play again and thought.. Oooh, maybe they've finally released MTA-DM. But alas it continues to evade us.

And you guys who jump to it/it's developers defence and critisize ppl like me and that other dude (the original poster) for stating the obvious and what needs to be said are just, well if i said it, the post would probably get deleted.

I don't mean any major offence to the Devs, but goddamn... It has been an awful long time. What, like a year and half now. Complete games have been developed quicker.

BTW any1 who does'nt already know theres a pretty good DeathMatch mod for San Andreas called SA-MP (Google it). And it's actually been released!!! :P

I recommend CrazyBobs Cops and Robbers server.

VCES>RonSeal wrote:

the continued delay is harmful to the eventual finished product. How?

Manej wrote:

The "eventual finished project" can only get better if more time is allotted for development.

Ever heard of Patches and Updates?

GTA4 will probably get released before MTASA-DM

I mean still in Alpha..... Alpha!?!? :shock:

Edited by Guest