Just release DM already...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bah, dont compare Duke Nukem with MTA:SA:Deathmatch , because at least the MTA team is giving out tutorials, screenshots, movies, information, and alphas to the QA team. Nukem has only a few pics from 1999 and I only seen 1 pic from 2007. Nukem has took 10 in years in development, if I am correct that it started in 1997

It would be great if they just had a bit of information about they stage they're at - just any sign of progress at all. Some people, including me, have been waiting years for this release! We're still being patient, but there seems to be no signs of updating on the website. What happened to the Dev Blog? I mean, it would be nice to just let their loyal fans know what's going on. For all we know, it could be released by the time GTA IV is released!

If only someone from developers could give us some hint when it could be released.I can imagin how JHXP laffing about us watching how we are trying to quess the relese day.

JHXP has no idea when it will be released, and neither do the devs.

Ohh comone!They know maybe not realy the day but im sure they know the month of release!They are not saying that cuz if they will miss this date everyone will bitching on him.So it's much esasyer to say "We don't know the release day" :roll:

True, it's hard to predict. Infact, it's not even hard, I'd venture to say it's probably impossible, considering the difficulties and challenges that they say they're facing.

However, if whatever beta version they have right now is good enough to make a "Demo Preview Vid," it's probably good enough for a public beta? If anything, that'd help their work to de-bug it, as the more people you have testing something, the more results you're going to get.

I'll be honest, I stopped seriously checking the forums every day to see if the release was out in December, and when it comes out, I'll play it and whatnot, but I'm really dissapointed that the MTA team couldn't listen to the requests from it's dedicated remaining fanbase.

.. Rob out. :blueflowerface:

However, if whatever beta version they have right now is good enough to make a "Demo Preview Vid," it's probably good enough for a public beta? If anything, that'd help their work to de-bug it, as the more people you have testing something, the more results you're going to get.

Nope, the first few alpha's (from over 8 months ago) were good enough to make a preview video, and they definitely weren't ready for public beta. As far as testing goes, the devs have plenty of bugs to fix already. It's not as much a matter of finding bugs as it is finding the time to fix them.

Yeah, they aren't quite at the beta stage yet, still in alpha... So I understand why it is a bit hard to predict when it will be released. All I can say is I sure as hell hope the beta stage will go a lot faster than the alpha; if not, paul527's estimation of the release date could be quite realistic (several posts above). :roll:

Even though some of my original questions have been answered (what the point of a closed beta is), I still don't quite understand how having a closed-beta would solve anything. Sure, more bugs become apparent when the mod is tested on a large scale, and these bugs may take some time to fix. But isn't the whole point of a beta to find bugs and fix them?

As I mentioned earlier, when a release is prefixed with BETA, the clients know it is prone to being buggy and would be more than glad to find bugs and help out the MTA team. From what I can see, the only thing a closed beta testing would do is delay the release of MTA:SA DM and irritate the community.

-RaFFi