Just release DM already...

Honestly.... what stage are we in now? Still alpha testing phase 800,023,841? or have we made it to the Gamma testing stage? I haven't stopped by for a while hoping it'd be released... not too much of a surprise here; Kinda disappointing actually.

PS: I know this is gonna get locked, just thought I'd speak my mind.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly.... what stage are we in now? Still alpha testing phase 800,023,841? or have we made it to the Gamma testing stage? I haven't stopped by for a while hoping it'd be released... not too much of a surprise here; Kinda disappointing actually.

PS: I know this is gonna get locked, just thought I'd speak my mind.

speak your mind and expect criticism, all I gotta say is

:big5:

Yeah... I know I can definitely expect criticism. Thank you Error for clearing the stages up (and no... I'm not being sarcastic, I really did need a reminder). I can for sure give the MTA team huge credit, they've done amazing things... but honestly and flat out, I'm just really, really tired of waiting for this release, I'm sure I'm not the only one, although I know there are still some people still patiently waiting. They haven't even set a definite release date; for all we know it might not be released till late next Fall (which doesn't seem too unrealistic at all at this rate), or ever for that matter.

RaFFi, hundreds of people have already asked for release, they have brought thousands atguments, but that didn't help though. Did you actually think that you would create one more topic and they are gonna release MP tomorrow? Neither you, nor I, nobody can change anything.

It is done when it is done. © ID Software

the person above me is right... but what i'd like to see (what wont come) is a list of feature's to be added... only problem is: that list (with some "Feature X"'s) will change... some noobs will go whining [if thats spelled ok] that another thing has been added. [last thing on the list should be "Bug fixes - can take a long long time!"]

If not a list of features, could the team at least tell us what they're doing? Of course the weekly tutorials will be helpful, and they do show a few of the features, but they are completely irrelevant because no-one can do anything with them yet, but look at them. There will be plenty of time after it is released to produce tutorials.

Secondly, I don't understand what having a private beta test would solve; Isn't the whole point of a beta to find and work out the bugs? Of course if it weren't a beta release and there were bugs, we would think less of MTA; As long as you let us know its a beta, we'll expect to find bugs and even help the team out. This way everyone is happier. If there were only a limited number of people doing beta testing, it would take much longer to come up with a stable release and wouldn't benefit the MTA team in any way.

Criticism aside, as I said earlier, I still am very pleased with the MTA team. Thank you guys for taking time out of your every day lives and creating something awesome... It's just taking too long :wink: .

There will be plenty of time after it is released to produce tutorials.

The scripting tutorials aren't slowing down the progress as they are made by the Quality Assurance team, not the developers.

Secondly, I don't understand what having a private beta test would solve; Isn't the whole point of a beta to find and work out the bugs?

As said, the MTA team doesn't want to release an unfinished modification to public. Imaginate how bad first image we would get and how many new players we would lost if the first release was so buggy. That's why the semi-public betatest with the known people would be a better solution.

Secondly, I don't understand what having a private beta test would solve; Isn't the whole point of a beta to find and work out the bugs? Of course if it weren't a beta release and there were bugs, we would think less of MTA; As long as you let us know its a beta, we'll expect to find bugs and even help the team out. This way everyone is happier. If there were only a limited number of people doing beta testing, it would take much longer to come up with a stable release and wouldn't benefit the MTA team in any way.

Because a lot more bugs show up when there are high numbers of players in game, and the best way to track them down would be to hold a public or semi-public beta.