CPU ID Ban

Would that be possible to ban a cheater by getting his IP, CPU ID and other hardware parts at once? Cheater would get bored to change all these numbers just to get back on the server and being banned again.

As someone said already, "most of the cheaters know only how to download cheat and use them"

well, not all the cheaters have to be smart.. A guy from a cheating community will just make a prog that will get you different IDs every time you connect (believe me, they will, it's not that hard once you get the ecryption stuff), so those cheaters who only know how to download cheats will download that and become unstoppable again. So what for should the mta team mess with it if it wont bring any satisfying result?

there are some ways this can be done but it would force the user to do something like maybe create an account and tie their account down to that pc by reading some details off it, but if something happened like their cpu/motherboard/hdd died, this would change the IDs that would be read and would obviously stop it working but you couldn't allow them to change it when they want as they could just spoof it and change it when they get banned, plus if this was implemented it would have to have details stored on a webserver of some sort and obviously would stop working if the server went offline

The way I see it, using hardware ID's to recognize players and/or ban using this is not a the most watertight anticheat system. But if you think about it we're not really trying to make it impossible to cheat, we're just trying to make it as hard as possible for cheaters to get back into a server. Even though hardware ID's can be spoofed, there's a good chance that cheaters will consider turning off their cheats rather than going through the trouble of spoofing.

Alot is possible with the new scripting system, and I think that if the devs are going to include a feature that lets you read hardware ID's, then they won't make the whole system that goes with it. After all, that's what the devs have done so far afaik, they make some features and let the community figure out what to do with them.

The way I see it, using hardware ID's to recognize players and/or ban using this is not a the most watertight anticheat system. But if you think about it we're not really trying to make it impossible to cheat, we're just trying to make it as hard as possible for cheaters to get back into a server. Even though hardware ID's can be spoofed, there's a good chance that cheaters will consider turning off their cheats rather than going through the trouble of spoofing.

Alot is possible with the new scripting system, and I think that if the devs are going to include a feature that lets you read hardware ID's, then they won't make the whole system that goes with it. After all, that's what the devs have done so far afaik, they make some features and let the community figure out what to do with them.

if there are extra features like hardware ID bans i think they would probably be set on or off in the server config

I just got a new idea, ok, so you have an account system that is like steam, and uses CPUID's and IP address ranges or whatever. But one thing, you only allow that IP address range to register on certain or only one day of the week if a cheater was banned on that range. That way "cheater joe" has to wait some time before creating a new account. But the downside is average "good willed killer" gets a message saying ""cheater joe" has been banned for cheating, come back and register in 4 days" and then "good willed killer" goes and beats the sh*t out of "cheater joe". Remember, IP ranges are localized, so "good willed killer" must be close to "cheater joe" physically to be on the same IP range.

BTW, I did some research on CPUID spoofing today, and the only thing that I found that "cheater joe" could spoof his CPUID with is for linux. "cheater joe", the 13 year old script kiddie would have to have a degree in computer software engineering and probably a Windows Certification. Not to mention the thousands of dollars worth of programming and debugging tools he would need to have, and the knowledge of how to use them. "cheater joe" would have to be miracle boy and must be really p*ssed at someone on that server to do all that just to try cheating again....

I did some research on CPUID spoofing today, and the only thing that I found that "cheater joe" could spoof his CPUID with is for linux. "cheater joe",... would have to have a degree in computer software engineering and probably a Windows Certification. Not to mention the thousands of dollars worth of programming and debugging tools he would need to have, and the knowledge of how to use them.

Could you quote your sources? (you don't need to show a link, I think that could cause an upset with the moderators)