MTA:SA Public Release Script - PRS:1.3 Out Now!

Scooby

hmm im not really sure what u mean.

if u have deleted ur mtaserver.conf file which contains all the admin names and passwords (not sure why :P), then none of the rcon admins can login.

admins added with the script will still be ok, but u will need to readd the admins to the config if u want them to have admin again.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have just one question, why did you add the command "!addadmin" because there is the nickname and the admin level but not his password, I do not understand why you can log in without admin password, it is rather dangerous, and also saw what utility with the config file is added directly admins.

:!: Anyone running scooby's awesome scripts should remember to make a regular backup of your files - last thing you want is a disaster where you lose a hell of a lot of irreplaceable game and player information for an entire server!! That would suck donkeys balls bigtime, aint that right scooby!! :shock:

Hehe :mrgreen::wink:

lol yeah backups are handy.

the !addadmin, adds the person as an admin, it registers their NICK and IP, Id say its pretty safe :)

if these dont match when they rejoin, they dont get their admin level. so other people wont be able to use their nick.

it was added for adding admins via the script, of course, it will only work as long as their IP doesnt change.

they wont need to login as long as everything is as it was when they left.

The best way is to add people as amins in the config, where they need to login with rcon.

the !addadmin was added later because people asked for it.

Please feel free to use or not... u can still add them to ur config.

All admins with a dynamic IP need adding to the config.

any more questions??? :lol:

lol yeah backups are handy.

the !addadmin, adds the person as an admin, it registers their NICK and IP, Id say its pretty safe :)

if these dont match when they rejoin, they dont get their admin level. so other people wont be able to use their nick.

it was added for adding admins via the script, of course, it will only work as long as their IP doesnt change.

they wont need to login as long as everything is as it was when they left.

The best way is to add people as amins in the config, where they need to login with rcon.

the !addadmin was added later because people asked for it.

Please feel free to use or not... u can still add them to ur config.

All admins with a dynamic IP need adding to the config.

any more questions??? :lol:

Yes, sometimes i see a player who is immediatly banned, and he received the MP : YOU ARE BANNED - KEEP OUT

Why ? For the first two numbers of their IP?

no, when u ban an IP, it gets stored in a file within PRS and also in a ban file within MTA,

but the ban file in MTA does not save, u lose all ur bans when ur server restarts.

so when ur server restarts, but the backup file in PRS still holds the banned IP's,

and when someone tries to rejoin who has previously been banned, it rebans the ip and kicks the player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On a server I have found it, where can I find the script of Scooby changed?

t8252_mtascreen0011.jpg

Im sure by now there lots of modified versions of PRS, not mayny people want to keep them standard, they like to customise them to suit their servers.

i havent seen any of these available to download. maybe u should just edit the original? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Due to too many abuses with "!admin" that cheateurs use with the command to detect an admin or not and come back when there are no admin online I would like to set up two commands, one that is "!onadmin" and another "!offadmin", "!onadmin" enable and display admins online, on the other command "!offadmin" not display admins online, hence the phrase defined when there is no admin logged will be used

Thank you

(Sorry if the english is bad, i use a translate because my english is not perfect)

ok u could do something like that,

look in ur script, line 37 (or there abouts), find this line:

elseif (!admin* iswm $3) admincount $1- 

and change it to this:

elseif ((!admin* iswm $3) && (%admin == on)) admincount $1- 
  elseif (($3 == !adminon) && ($prs.level($1,$2) > 0)) { 
    set %admin on 
    mta.pm $1 $2 Command: !admin enabled. 
  } 
  elseif (($3 == !adminoff) && ($prs.level($1,$2) > 0)) { 
    set %admin off 
    mta.pm $1 $2 Command: !admin disabled. 
  } 

now u can turn the command on and off. hope this helps :)

Hello scooby! How make commands !seticq? And command !icq will be seen player's icq.

And please report to my question about !count))) Thanky

This is not end)) Wodo have been good question!

Quote: "Hello.

How to make like that

!map

Map name, map owner,map cost,times playes.

!buymap "map name"

You have buyed "map" for "***" $, You Will recive 2500$ All time when this map played.

Somethink like this ...

Like all maps cost 110,000$

And when this map play you get 2500$

Please,help me!"

I think this is actually question! Please think about. Thank

Edited by Guest
Hello scooby! How make commands !seticq? And command !icq will be seen player's icq.

And please report to my question about !count))) Thanky

This is not end)) Wodo have been good question!

Quote: "Hello.

How to make like that

!map

Map name, map owner,map cost,times playes.

!buymap "map name"

You have buyed "map" for "***" $, You Will recive 2500$ All time when this map played.

Somethink like this ...

Like all maps cost 110,000$

And when this map play you get 2500$

Please,help me!"

I think this is actually question! Please think about. Thank

the !count one is easy, im guessing for a freeroam map maybe? since i cant see the real use in a race,

this is the easiest way:

elseif (!count* iswm $3) { 
  mta.text $1 Countdown: 3 
  .timer 1 1 mta.text $1 Countdown: 2 
  .timer 1 2 mta.text $1 Countdown: 1 
  .timer 1 3 mta.text $1 Countdown: Go Go Go..... 
} 

stick this in mta.command before the admin commands and it should be ok.

second question, !icq - theres already !addo and !o to show a custom Own command, u can use this for anything, but if u feel u need more, u can copy the way it works and make another.

it would be something like this:

this in mta.command:

elseif ($3 == !seticq) { 
    if (!$4) mta.pm $1 $2 Error: !seticq <details> 
    else { 
      !hadd prsstats icq $+ $mta.nick($1,$2) $4- 
      mta.pm $1 $2 Added: $4- 
    } 
  } 
  elseif ($3 == !icq) mta.text $1 $mta.nick($1,$2) $+ 's ICQ : $iif($hget(prsstats,icq $+ $mta.nick($1,$2)) == $null,Not Yet Stored!,$v1) 

and as for wodo's request to make maps buyable etc, i never bothered with this since i didnt like the idea of being able to buy a map :roll:

plus people are always changing maps and i just couldnt be bothered really. people would just buy every map and be so rich:)

its not a major job to write it, i just never liked the idea.

im sure the script wouldnt be that big, but i think a few checks might need to be added for if maps were removed,

especially if u just spent a million dollars buying it. maybe i'll do it sometime, but dont hold ur breath, im busy trying to learn lua. :mrgreen:

i hope the other 2 are ok for u tho, any probs just let me know, coz i havent tested either.

Nice work Scooby, but how to assure that when I type "!adminoff" it appears:

Current Admins: None

??

THX

ahh i see, when its disabled, u want it to still work, but show no admins, ok.

this line i gave u:

elseif ((!admin* iswm $3) && (%admin == on)) admincount $1- 

change it to this:

elseif (!admin* iswm $3)  { 
  if (%admin == on) admincount $1- 
  else mta.text $1 Current Admins: None. 
} 

try that one out.

I need help with the script...I load it with mIRC than there is clan tag und servermessage i klick on save and than?? How should i connect to the server with the script?

ur connected to ur server with mtama 4.15?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Scooby, but you exile to PRS 1.3 must be refresh! Skirpts don't downloading( Please refresh exile.( I have broked my skripts :D)I did experiment))