Is MTA compatible with Windows Vista?

Guest ninja92

The reason MTASA won't work on Vista is due to how we encrypt our modules. We will try and fix this for the next release.

Very clear, thanks for that. Now... I switched to Vista the past few days (gohd it took me ages to find drivers for everything and new versions of software)... but finally I am happily using Vista.......

I thought. Unfortunately I cannot play MTA on Vista, which means I'll have to roll back to XP. I really can't do without MTA, it's seriously the only game I play. So I'm hoping you can either tell me when there will be a new release, or can tell me it's better for me to just roll back as it'll take a long time.

A very sad Dutch Vista user.

No one knows when it will be released, unfortunately.

No one knows when what will be released? I don't really care about the MTA-MP... I just want the normal regular MTA to work. Hasn't anyone thought about releasing the normal MTA client but for Vista users?

No, because Devs are focusing their attention on a deathmatch release, which is supposedly Vista-compatible.

Hmmm. Ya know I understand it, of course... but it is a big shame. I have managed to find a solution to every Vista problem I had (and trust me I had so many issues with such a lotta hardware and software)... my hardware all works on Vista now... but one small piece of software... MTA GTA SA, doesn't work! That's such a shame. I'll have to roll back to XP for MTA I guess. :P

Hasn't the MTA team abandoned RACE, cuz by the looks of it they have and i'm not willing to wait for them to finish DM and then patch race to work under vista(yeah i'm upgrading in a few weeks, don't tell me how much BS vista is cuz you are wrong).

Race has been suspended since DM entered development, but I don't think it has been abandoned. I highly doubt you will get a patched version of Race before DM is out, however.

No, because Devs are focusing their attention on a deathmatch release, which is supposedly Vista-compatible.

It's not. Last I heard. It's going to be vista next release.

Last I heard, it was:

Nothing, race doesn't work on Vista. DM should once it's released.

Strange really. I would say the changes that have to be made to MTA to make it Vista compliant should be rather small.

The whole fun with MTA are servers like the stunt servers and all the crappy maps people created... you'll never have that with DM. Shame.

What I'm trying to say is... a huge part of the community just wants MTA to work under Vista. We don't want changes (so time consuming programming) to MTA, we just want it to work under Vista. It is a shame they're focussing on DM which is taking forever anyway... and which might not even be as much fun since:

1) it's kind of already there in fact with SA-MP

2) you cannot play on servers with funny / stunt maps

etc.

Don't forget:

3) total loss of interest in mod/game

4) dead community

Will it be that hard to release a version of RACE(until DM if it ever comes out) without anti-cheat protections(you don't update the definitions anyway so i don't see what "new" cheats will appear that don't run atm).

Strange really. I would say the changes that have to be made to MTA to make it Vista compliant should be rather small.

The whole fun with MTA are servers like the stunt servers and all the crappy maps people created... you'll never have that with DM. Shame.

What I'm trying to say is... a huge part of the community just wants MTA to work under Vista. We don't want changes (so time consuming programming) to MTA, we just want it to work under Vista. It is a shame they're focussing on DM which is taking forever anyway... and which might not even be as much fun since:

1) it's kind of already there in fact with SA-MP

2) you cannot play on servers with funny / stunt maps

etc.

A couple of things wrong with that...

The vast majority of the community doesn't have Vista, and is much more interested in DM than Race. The intention of the devs has always been to create a mod with foot and weapon sync, so there is absolutely no chance they will stop DM to further develop Race. It is really quite a ridiculous suggestion, especially since they have already spent months of work on Deathmatch.

The other thing you're missing is that MTA:DM will be far different from SA-MP, and that everything in Race will be possible in DM using scripts.

erorr404 nobody is talking about further developing RACE, all we want is a Vista patch for RACE so we have something to play until DM comes out. Unless we should shift to other multiplayer modifications?

I am totally with Ravenheart.

The fact it is all caused by anti-cheat scripting amazes me. There are still millions of cheats and cheaters on MTA... so if they really implemented that... it ain't working anyway. So... forget about it and just make a Vista compliant MTA! Shouldn't be that much work.

It's your own damn fault if you're using Vista and Race doesn't work. You should have checked before you installed. That's what you get for being a first adopter.

DM works fine in Vista. Please don't make the devs go back and release a patch for race. I'll kill you.