New competition system

ijsf

Competition system (including logins and stuff) good idea?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Competition system (including logins and stuff) good idea?

• Yeah, that sounds awesome
    • No, that doesn't work

I'm planning to start working on a competition system that works using a special designed competition page on our site. Something like: you can add your gang to the list (if you want to play) and wait for another gang who selected you from the list or something like that.

Please post your suggestions, ideas and comments here.. because i need them :P

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest prob with gang fights is the damm time zones :x .

Maby were gonna have to start workin shifts lol :) .

To be honest I like the idea of official gangs, gives them some recognition and respect, but I dont know what other ppl think of this.

you could have someone run the system, but sooner or later, they will be over-run. gangs need numbers, i would say 6 minimum (including yourself)

I dont know if the leader submits the numbers, or how that would work, or who would update the list, but i guess that copying gtaforum's system may be a good idea =)

the problem is who qualifies as a gang. sure, a gang could have 50 members, but how many people are active?

also it sets up an eleteist scenerio:

"oh, you haven't posted enough in the forum, you cant be in a gang"/"your gang is full of newbies, your not worth acknowledging"

if it was done fairly, this is a great idea. maybe a small (teeny tiny) webpage for each gang?

Let me explain, for example..

It'll be something like:

Starting a gang

- everyone has the chance to start a new gang, as long as you're registered on this forum (or whatever, we could always change that)

- a gang must have a minimal amount of people, like 10

Playing games using the competition system

- you can request a game, so by placing a request in the competition system..

- when all players of a specific gang are logged in on the competition board (as i call it for now), then they can choose from a list of requests from other - online- gangs, so when all the members of the gang are logged in as well

- there should be something like a periodic contest, so every gang has to score points (by winning games, as described above).. the usual competition, and when the contest has started, the gangs with the highest score are selected to play to each other, and there will be a winner then

- also could think about several competition types, like CTW or TDM or Speed or whatever, and each type has it's own amount of points (that you'll get when you're winning)

You should imagine the competitions system like a board where everyone can login, like a forum style.. and maybe with live cams and shit, as i mentioned in the GTA3-TV idea thread.

Well? (and keep posting your suggestions and ideas)

Yeah maybe that would be great...But don't you think you should work more on gta3mta and mta:vc be4? Because working on too many things at the same time will delay everythings...I think it would be better to make gta3mta a bit more advanced and to finish mta:vc before starting to work on other things optionnal..... That's just my opinion..

yeah some jobs are easier then others, like uh.. filling the coffee jar with coffe beans, it dosn't take long, and once your done that, you can do what ever, most of the times you just save time and fill the donuts too, and possibly the juice, and if youerr lucky play games, but nothing ever to big, because if you wanted something big, you'd just coede the main.scm and that'd take a long time, but no, no you decided to fill the coffee on mondays, donuts tuesdays, and juice wed's, and now you have nothing else to do, so you take out the trash on monday since your not busy (thursdays work) and then you've got nothing to do, again so you go out and make all the beds, clean all the mirrows/windows, and take a nap, all on monday (thats fridays work by the way) and then saturday and sunday are your free days, but since you did it all monday, you have nothing else to do, so you can just screw arounds with the code on vc.

so, do you understand now?

(EDIT: oh yeah I forgot, saturday isn't a free day, its fill the coffee, to make sure there's coffee for everyone, and you do that on monday and continure from the end of frydays jobs)

yeah sounds like a good idea, can the leader, or the person who creates a gang, chose who is in it so you can see how good they are before commiting?

And by the way, if you guys need a beta tester, I can test with 98, that might help cut down on 98 errors, just asking, you know where to contact me :)

Henry

a member is either in or out imo.

only leaders (preferably one person) will change the ganglists.

but the problems will lie in what specifies an official gang, rules, ethos, competitions, official/unofficial clans, members etc etc. Maybe a blatent copy/paste style borrow of the ideas from the gtaforums would be helpful ;-P j/k (respect) =)

well that wasn't very nice mr. bill :P

wont there be problems with time zones?

I mean, I'm sure that I'll always be stuck having to play at 3 AM, while everyone else enjoys a 5PM match :)