Why deny alt tabbing?

Guest KryptosV2

I've had so many crashes thanks to people in MTA:SA so I was wondering why you like you frustrate people by not allowing them to alt-tab when the game is frozen. I had my software project running in the background and I'm damn lucky that I saved it all before I went on to play. I really don't think there's anything to gain from blocking alt-tabbing, alt-esc and start+d. I'm sure there are some hacks that allow alt tabbing so I'll just resort to that then.

• MTA Team

MTA hooks into GTA. When you alt-tab out of the game, GTA freezes everything. So your client freezes, your car freezes and get's stuck in place without being abke to be damaged or destroyed. Your connection is no longer maintained so after some time you time out and so on.

if not ingame (yet) at least in the map editor it would be useful.. many people use notepad to create their maps, if you want to see the immediat effect you'd need to start the game, start the map editor, see what's wrong, quit the game and repeat the procedure..

I think there should be a command called /brbquit which announces "Be Right Back!" into chat, and then terminates GTA.

Then you can take care of those annoying PMs.

And when your done you can get back in game by simply starting MTA, and clicking on "Join Last Server" which should also be a new feature that connects to the last server you were on.

I've had so many crashes thanks to people in MTA:SA so I was wondering why you like you frustrate people by not allowing them to alt-tab when the game is frozen. I had my software project running in the background and I'm damn lucky that I saved it all before I went on to play. I really don't think there's anything to gain from blocking alt-tabbing, alt-esc and start+d. I'm sure there are some hacks that allow alt tabbing so I'll just resort to that then.

lucky? is it too hard to click the save button? everyone should know that games can crash the computer easily. tabbing would make mta buggy, DDs would never end because you would be unkillable. just save anything before starting any game

• 4 weeks later...

I really disagree with the deny of alt-tabing. Its just non-sense.

If you want to block trainers, hack, cheats or whatever, just implement something that blocks it and/or put some admins on to ban those ppl.

It's just so frustrating when the game crashes and you have to reboot your pc cuz alt+tab is locked.

The ctrl+alt+del trick doesnt work all the time, it will only work if the first tab is selected.

Please unlock it.

I think it will be very good if MTA team make a launcher with which we can say press a key combination when MTA freezes so it ends the processes and saves us a reset :)

PS. Don't think EVERYBODY uses Task Manager.

Everybody that wants to end frozen applications without restarting their computers does.

As has already been said, it isn't about the trainers, it's about keeping people from pausing. In some other multiplayer mods, it is possible to Alt-Tab out, and some people stay frozen in place for several minutes before being disconnected. It certainly makes it harder to tell who is health hacking and who is just paused. I can see it either way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...