Terrible Lagg!!!

Guest pothead

Can anyone please tell what i can do to improve the lagg when i play. I have dsl, 64mb geforce 4, 512mb ram. all updated video drivers along with directx. When i play on medium low setting the game is ok. Minor frame skip but not bad looking to me.but ppl keep telling me im lagging. they said im jumping around and dissapearing on there sreen and when im shooting them they see me standing still. My problem is when i interact with other players. When i shoot them they take NO damage with any weapon. If i run em over, my car just goes rite tru them with out hurting there health. When im just driving around eveything is fine but whats the point in that :!: i check my ping level and its always around 120 or so. Good from what ppl have told me although im not really sure. Please help, it sucks to just be able to drive around. Anyone with helpfull tips please respond!!

thnx alot

makes sence, no not many programs. Reloaded my system a few days ago..just the basics..OS, anti virus, spyware and a few other minor programs. The sever distance makes good sence but the only servers i can play on r on here i believe, That kinda sucks..Well thnx for the help. If any1 know hows to maintain a better connection by changing setting, different servers maybe, Anything that could be of help, please let me know....thanx alot and tc ever1

yes i have tested tru several sites, speed ranginf from 768k to 900k+ but 768 is the average. I can play numerous other online games with no problem or frame skip what so ever but every time i run mta i encounter problems. I can play gta story mode on PC only perfectly, just online seems to be the problem. As of now i have uninstalled mta due to my problems. I would love to play, huge gta fan but i cant seem to solve my problems. If you or anyone else has any info that could help please respond. I would love to be able to play trouble free...

thanx for the reply n tc

• 1 month later...