Step by Step help to get MTA up and running...

Guest Mr. Gruntsworthy

I searched the forums and I can't seem to find the problem i'm having. Not to mention it would be alot easier just to go step by step through the problems as they arise.

The problem I'm having right now is that when i start up the MTA icon, it brings me to the server list. It shows no active servers, and when I go to create a server it gives me the error of "we have encountered an error and need to close. Sorry for any inconvenience."

Okay, someone please help me to fix this problem, or at least point me to the right topic where i'ts been answered, then I'll post the next problem (if any.)

If this is as good as I think it is, i will love this game even more than Halo PC

"we have encountered an error and need to close. Sorry for any inconvenience."

Reinstall the modification and when you reach the installation part of what files you want installed, erase the tick box for the error reporter.

Close all other applications as well such as MSN for example.

Make sure the 1.1 patch is installed and the game version is changed under the options tab of the game client. The game should be played in single player for a couple of seconds or minutes before installing the modification, this doesn’t always have to happen however but is offered as some advice.

These are just a few solutions to name.

Perhaps a firewall/router blocking your connection. Make sure the proper ports for MTA are open.

What? You don't need to open any ports to play the game, only to host one.

Actually Jani, you are wrong, the ports have to be OPEN(not blocked) what you are reffering to is port FORWARDING, something completly different

To the point, yes there could be a firewall blocking the ports, check your firewall and open the port/ and or application, depending on how your firewall work

Regarding the error message when trying to host a server, that is a error with the "server wizard", you could either manually edit the server ini, then launch the server without the wizard, or you could delete some file to make the wizard work, but i cant recall which

okay, i got it to work.

now, my next target is to try and set up my own server. I'm going to read the link in the one guy's sig there, and have a look around. I'll come back and post again when i need something, alright?

Regarding the error message when trying to host a server, that is a error with the "server wizard", you could either manually edit the server ini, then launch the server without the wizard, or you could delete some file to make the wizard work, but i cant recall which

The file "MTAServerConfigTool.exe.manifest" is the file that needs to be deleted for the wizard to work, located (Example :- C:/Program Files/Multi Theft Auto/ )