Scripters: Use [code=lua][/code] forum tags!

• MTA Team

This new category is about scripting. As all of you know MTA uses the Lua scripting language. With a new forum comes a new syntax highlighter. It supports 90 languages. The new syntax is very simple:

[lua]code[/lua]

Actual result when posting:

code 

NOTE: If you don't see the highlighting in an old post of yours, click the edit button and just submit it again or report the post.

Be sure to visit the MTA scripting channel on IRC. #mta.scripting

(Post edited by moderator Ransom to merge stickies and update old information).

Edited by Guest

Nice ;]

Great :D

Cant wait for testing out the new lua scripting system :) Dm will be great, hope it will release soon hehe

hehe, if they opened up a scripting board, although nobody outside of the team can script, that prolly means there's not a lot time left to wait for the release. YAY!

If you have time, could you post some links to a few sites where we can read up on LUA scripting?

I have a little programming experience, but I really don't know anything about LUA so preferably I'd like to get into it so that I can start making maps as soon as possible :)

If anyone has any links, please post them here ;)

i really hope it will be released soon beceaus my mind is only thinking aboat MTA:DM at the moment like: at school would it be released today when i have to go to sleep yeah! that would be a great DM map idea what kind of cool features does it have than the features we saw on the christmas movie :wav:

Oh, so they've gone off C++ and onto Lua? maybe I should actually learn it, I was thinking about it because of Garry's Mod using it, but never got round to ever even starting to learn it.

Hopefully MTA using it will motivate me.

How do you get to the idea they got of C++? That has nothing to do with Lua, the core and the MTA files are all written in C++ (and other stuff, x86 assembly I was told once) but they just build Lua support on top of it.

Oh, so they've gone off C++ and onto Lua? maybe I should actually learn it, I was thinking about it because of Garry's Mod using it, but never got round to ever even starting to learn it.

Hopefully MTA using it will motivate me.

How do you get to the idea they got of C++? That has nothing to do with Lua, the core and the MTA files are all written in C++ (and other stuff, x86 assembly I was told once) but they just build Lua support on top of it.

It has been stated that the SDK will use C++.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I missed something very basic.

Tried to read the forum - and did it :-)

Still puzzled.

1) Where to put the lua code?

I'd assume, there is some special directory for that.

2) Is it plain lua code - like "myscript.lua" which somehow magically gets noticed? Or: do I have to mangle the code into another tool?

3) In short: if I'd like to try out the proposed two scripts so far (from the tutorial) - how to proceed after downloading?

Again: sorry, if I outed myself to be dumb to the bones - just couldn't find any hint how to proceed.

I guess, it must be something very basic.

Mercy people, just wanted to get into scripting :-)

cheers,

tigujo

I guess I missed something very basic.

Tried to read the forum - and did it :-)

Still puzzled.

1) Where to put the lua code?

I'd assume, there is some special directory for that.

2) Is it plain lua code - like "myscript.lua" which somehow magically gets noticed? Or: do I have to mangle the code into another tool?

3) In short: if I'd like to try out the proposed two scripts so far (from the tutorial) - how to proceed after downloading?

Again: sorry, if I outed myself to be dumb to the bones - just couldn't find any hint how to proceed.

I guess, it must be something very basic.

Mercy people, just wanted to get into scripting :-)

cheers,

tigujo

you will find out where to put the scripts files a little closer to release, it is just plain lua code and you will find out how to load it closer to release and you can't actually try the scripts till release, they are just examples to show the public what can be done with scripts so you have an idea of some of the things that can be done before release

you will find out where to put the scripts files a little closer to release, it is just plain lua code and you will find out how to load it closer to release and you can't actually try the scripts till release, they are just examples to show the public what can be done with scripts so you have an idea of some of the things that can be done before release

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

As it looks to me: preparing for the great possibilities of the next release looks like an adventure game then :-)

Will there be some pre-release hints?

Thought of: list of events , some functions and necessary other stuff to get the mind acquainted...

Otherwise: let's wait for christmas ;-)

cheers,

tigujo,

countiing the days already

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, I just registered! I was wondering, do anyone know if it will be possible to create new cars, weapons and skins and use them in mtasa? Or at least modify the speed and damage on weapons? sorry if this already been confirmed or asked!