Questions Concerning Maps/Game Modes

Obviously there's been a lot of new features from what was originally intended for MTA. I have a few questions about maps and game modes.

1) I'm kind of getting at the idea that the 'map' is basically the same thing as the 'game mode' and they can all be edited easily and on the fly. Will it simply be displayed as a map name?

2) How many default game modes should we be expected to see?

3) Will there be a standard free roam (possibly team oriented) deathmatch with a money/buying system available?

4) I remember also seeing something about creating custom teams in some game modes. How does this work? Can you create a private team that only friends will be able to access?

Obviously there's been a lot of new features from what was originally intended for MTA. I have a few questions about maps and game modes.

1) I'm kind of getting at the idea that the 'map' is basically the same thing as the 'game mode' and they can all be edited easily and on the fly. Will it simply be displayed as a map name?

2) How many default game modes should we be expected to see?

3) Will there be a standard free roam (possibly team oriented) deathmatch with a money/buying system available?

4) I remember also seeing something about creating custom teams in some game modes. How does this work? Can you create a private team that only friends will be able to access?

1. A game mode is a script that a map runs, so you can change the game mode by changing the map.

2. Don't know, that will be decided when it's closer to release. Probably anything made by QA that turns out to be fun.

3. Don't know. If not, someone from the community can make one.

4. Yes you can, all of these features (like teams) are scriptable.

Hi! It's been a while I didn't post here :wink:

I have some questions about gamemodes and maps so I thought I wouldn't start a new thread for that. I have some ideas for some gamemodes and I'm doing a bit of planning so when DM is released :D I have an idea of where to start, you know.

A. Is it gonna be possible to have players in a team see something in the radar (teammates, player colors, objects, checkpoints) and players of other teams see another radar?

B. Will it be possible for the server to change (based on scripts) player skins/models?

C. What parts of the player's HUD are used by DM? I mean: will the server be able to show time, player's money and wanted level? It would be great for RPG... :)

D. Can DM detect who is inflicting damage to another player or a vehicle?

I know these questions may be a little too specifical for DM's actual stage of development but with all the progress you've showed us in last video I hope you can answer these. Thank you and great work!

Hi! It's been a while I didn't post here :wink:

I have some questions about gamemodes and maps so I thought I wouldn't start a new thread for that. I have some ideas for some gamemodes and I'm doing a bit of planning so when DM is released :D I have an idea of where to start, you know.

A. Is it gonna be possible to have players in a team see something in the radar (teammates, player colors, objects, checkpoints) and players of other teams see another radar?

B. Will it be possible for the server to change (based on scripts) player skins/models?

C. What parts of the player's HUD are used by DM? I mean: will the server be able to show time, player's money and wanted level? It would be great for RPG... :)

D. Can DM detect who is inflicting damage to another player or a vehicle?

I know these questions may be a little too specifical for DM's actual stage of development but with all the progress you've showed us in last video I hope you can answer these. Thank you and great work!

A: Thats possible, i think by scripting but perhapts it easier than i think

B: dont know

C: time and money yes, wanted level has t obe dony by scripting perhaps with just a messege in the chat like "x has now the wanted level 2" but who knows^^

D: yes, how else should scores work?

(thats just what i think, im not in the mta team)

Very cool. Do the scripts that are applied to a certain 'map' also decide the winning factor (if there is one) and can they be edited by the server in any way? For instance, a time limit, frag limit, score limit, ect?

1) Yes, they can.

2) One way you could change things (like those limits) is through console commands defined in the script.