The Icarus Run 1.0 Extended (My First Map) 56k Warning!

Ace_Gambit

Introduction

This is my first MTA map so please give some feedback. It’s not entirely noob-friendly because some checkpoints are fairly hard (only for novice players that is). There are a lot of vehicle changes but they are all useful at specific parts of the race. Some are even necessary to make a jump possible or to prevent a vehicle change up-side-down (from airplane to ground-vehicle for example). Others are just to keep the race “going”. I tried to make it a fairly fast race without any slow ass vehicles.

Download

downloadjc0.gifThe Icarus Run 1.0 Extended

Full race including all jumps and SUV climbs.

downloadjc0.gifThe Icarus Run 1.0 (Short Race)

This version was modified to make it suitable for the littlewhiteys server (maximum time-limit is 8 minutes). I had to remove a great deal of the race to make it possible to finish within the 8 minute time-limit. The following jumps/climbs were removed:

- Subterfuge

- The Icarus Jump

- Drunken Highway

- Sideways

- Going Down

Characteristics

Description: The Icarus Run 1.0 Extended

Type: Race

Start: Mount Chiliad

Finish: Las Venturas

Spawn Locations: 32

Start Vehicle: Phoenix

Checkpoints: 84

Time Limit: 15 minutes

Re-spawn: Waves (10 seconds)

Race Length: ~ 11 minutes

Vehicle Change Pickups: 7

Vehicle Change Checkpoints: 24

Vehicles Used: Phoenix, Rustler, PCJ-600, FCR-900, Infernus, Patriot, Hunter (Easter Egg), Cheetah, Sandking, Monster, Hydra

Race Impression

mtasalofss01nv4.jpg

mtasalofss02sy3.jpg

mtasalofss03vf9.jpg

mtasalofss04br3.jpg

mtasalofss05wt1.jpg

mtasalofss06em4.jpg

mtasalofss07bd6.jpg

mtasalofss08ev0.jpg

mtasalofss09hc5.jpg

mtasalofss10bh7.jpg

mtasalofss11yr6.jpg

mtasalofss12vh3.jpg

mtasalofss13gm4.jpg

mtasalofss14ji0.jpg

mtasalofss15rv5.jpg

mtasalofss16as2.jpg

mtasalofss17kr9.jpg

mtasalofss18gd3.jpg

mtasalofss19ml2.jpg

mtasalofss20ca2.jpg

I hope you enjoy my first map.

-EDIT-

Removed a lot of images :roll: .

Edited by Guest

u scroll with middle-finger? :D:lol:

ontopic: the part where rustler changes into bike and then into patriot, doesnt egsist! u just keep flying until cheetah spawn at airport. and the last cp is in the visage hotel and u get there in hydra. and i didnt see those climbings in monsters and other SUVs.....

explain this

u scroll with middle-finger? :D:lol:

ontopic: the part where rustler changes into bike and then into patriot, doesnt egsist! u just keep flying until cheetah spawn at airport. and the last cp is in the visage hotel and u get there in hydra. and i didnt see those climbings in monsters and other SUVs.....

explain this

That's the modified version lol. There are two versions. A short modified race (the one you are talking about) and the Extended race (which is in fact the original race). The short race is not going back to the top again but straight to the airport. That explains why you can't find the SUV's and Monster.

/edit

I've changed the download description a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry, to say but that starting grid looks HORRIBLE, you placed the cars WAY too narrow next 2 each other !

the rest looks quite good, but does it really take about 12 minutes to finish?

I gotta admit that i never came across your map yet and i've been to a lot of servers - maybe they all share my opinon: a good race is over after 5 minutes

:oops: