Change the map rating system!

Gigi86

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes. We all know that the map rating system is not really working for the simple fact that people are too lazy to actually rate the maps they download :? . I have been trying to figure out how to change this and it's clear that people should be somehow motivated to rate. Also it's very important that we rate after having played or at least tested the map. Forcing people to rate before downloading would definetly be a dum ideea.

Anyway, I hope you guys can come up with some constructive ideeas. We all know there are many good maps that haven't been rated at all and they really should have.

So let's try to figure this one out! :)

Im not sure what the status is, but the plan is (at some point) that users will be able to login to their MTA account while ingame, and vote the map while they're playing it.

This is probably the best method but needs a bit work to be implemented.

a lot of work

ive been up this alley before

first ... the script would need to be able to receive pm's from a player (currently impossible) so people can sign in with same username as on center ( a lot of people use several nick's / nicks that different from center)

second. script needs to be able to get all the map names from server

currently if you go over 300 maps a lot of map names get lost - resulting in a map unknown if script does mta.map($1) - currently impossible to fix

third .. once thats done and possible .. it could be possible to verify the mapname with a mapname on center .. double check if its done by the same author for some security and for the script to sign into the users account .. do the vote and log out ... or parse it to some backend

so basically .. this is impossible at the moment

(there is a workaround for the second bug ... a player could type in the mapname themself .. but it all comes down to the same thing - most people only vote if its made really really easy .. aka .. once a map is finished they get a vote box - if they need to look up the name , type it in themselfs .. no way

trust me .. i was set on voting on a lot of maps .. thats why i made a server almost a year ago .. i've 5000+ maps now but it needs dedication to play and write down good names to vote on and actually do the voting)