Need RSS feed, or no?

SanZoR.Sr

I have my own maps uploading sysytem, but it doesnt run in my own computer. Its not really good, no listing, just uploading. is possible to make RSS feed, if there are no listing? Or some other downloading system, what checks maps e.g. in minute? Please, if you know some good downloading system, or listing script, post them here. Ty.

if you have made your own map uploading system you're smart enough to create your own downloading system

else .. try the rss of center

do a search in center

click the rss button

make a feed

(if necessary add other searches to the feed)

copy the link of the feed

paste it in C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\server\config.xml

between

you might wanna change the frequency, fullcheckfrequency and downloadsperupdatemax

then save and run rssmapdownloader.exe

duh

Yeah, but is a one problem.

I dont have any listing script, so RSS feed doesnt works?

RSS feed is news file, i think, so its need listing?

Sure i can try make some Downloading script, what doesnt need RSS.

- pxl

i stress the fact that center already has rss feed downloading possibility

rss is just a fancy word for a structured content (meaning the rss feed is created in xml) and its main feature is - once (example) a file is uploaded (or for other sites once a new blog/news item/ whatever - is made ) the internal of the site updates the rss/xml file - your rss client checks the rss feed occasionally and 'sees' the new entry - and your rss client will downloaded that or open it or whatever .. combining the part where the site updates the feed and your client checks the feed every so and so minutes is the key to a fully functioning rss

aka .. it doesnt specify how you do it - but usually there are two ways .. develop a really fancy rss thing that monitors your entire site :P .. or enhance the upload script with a part that updates 'the' rss file by adding a new 'entry' to it :)

(ps .. try opening a rss feed in notepad or some other plain text editor (rightclick- save as)

- example this is my feed i use from center (searched on *everything*))

ps 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_%28file_format%29

ps 3 .. i again stress the fact that there is a client in the server map that is able to check a custom feed which is located on center.mtasa.com ;)