I got a suggestion for MTA:DM

Ryan_

Please oh Please, could you make it Vista compatible?

The problem with that is that no-one on the team has access to a pre-release version of Vista. Even if they did, the number of people initially using Vista would be low compared to XP and if it took a lot of work to implement, it would not be worth delaying the mod for if only a small proportion of the community would benefit. There will be Vista support in later versions.

Well, whatever the issue is it must be simple.

SA-MP seems to work pretty much fine in Vista.

SA-MP is architecturally different to MTA.

Unless all the new programs and such wont work with XP.

Yeah, they'll probably do that, otherwise people won't buy it. They might make DX10 exclusive to Vista, which would mean that new games would require a Vista machine.

Yeah, they'll probably do that, otherwise people won't buy it. They might make DX10 exclusive to Vista, which would mean that new games would require a Vista machine.

I remember they did something like this with XP, that warning everytime you installed a driver that wasn't "digitally certified for xp". just a load of corporate bull.

anyyway.. I did some searching and found this articlle thing called "Why vista won't suck".. kinda interesting, I didn't know a lot of that stuff.. check it out:

http://www.extremetech.com/slideshow/0, ... 305,00.asp

Nothing much really.. just some pictures of some basic features...I'm still kinda sceptical..

EDIT:: here's more:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1 ... 914,00.asp

and here's why it will suck:

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT8288296398.html

• 2 weeks later...
I'm getting an express upgrade of Vista right when it comes out, guess I'm not installing it now. I had no idea it didn't work with vista :cry: .
i believe dm has now had a very small test on vista and worked fine, expect to hear more from eAi about this as he performed the test

Er....

the only reason i updated from windows 98 to xp is MTA. and even then i did so grudgingly.

Vista is a further abomination, where M$ is putting corporate welfare above user functionality. As far as I've seen, vista is nothing but cripple-ware. But the unfortunate thing is that in a year it will have too many users to ignore. people upgrade cause their told to without knowing why.

I agree: Vista is a complete waste of time, but Microsoft have the monopoly so we're all going to eventually take the plunge. Say bye bye to any P2P, any software that doesn't pay M$ a licencing fee, most AV software and game mods.

I really don't see why (other than money) Microsoft has made Vista so incompatible. I guess they do it because they can, and they have marketing so cleverly worked out, that there will never be a Mac or Linux 'revolution.'

• 1 month later...