Making perfect loops with Excel

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The one excel spread sheet that was posted on the last 3 pages I used because you don't have to change the tabs to spaces or whatever but every time I enter my X coords of -1866.586914 it just fills that part in on the chart as #########. -1866 is a real place its by the harbour in SF and that is in the middle of where I want my helix. Why is this happening?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The one excel spread sheet that was posted on the last 3 pages I used because you don't have to change the tabs to spaces or whatever but every time I enter my X coords of -1866.586914 it just fills that part in on the chart as #########. -1866 is a real place its by the harbour in SF and that is in the middle of where I want my helix. Why is this happening?

Thanks.

The excel sheet only approves the -1866 part. Just remove the dot and the numbers after it and you'll do fine. It really isn't much of a difference in the map, so there is no need to make it so accurate. :wink:

• 1 month later...

I find that the easiest place to use these tools are here:

http://bnoise.bn.funpic.org/upload/mta/

RE: Where do we paste that stuff?

Well, you browse to your map somewhere in the MTA folder. It's file extension should be a map file Eg. "skydive.map". Open that file with wordpad.

Then you paste that load of text at the end, just before the "". Save it. (You might want to make a backup first)

Now you open your map in MTA. There you go, your loop (or helix) just appears. It is there if you have done it properly, it's just that you need to find it. The elements list is the most helpful here :P.

Thx but I am aware of the pieces not making the helix longer or shorter, it is just that my computer is a very bad one and lags hopelessly on the helix.

Also, it seems you can only create loops with 18450 when I try it with other objects, only one object appears underground

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys... first time post for me :)

I know how to use the loop gen., BUT, im having trouble making a horizontal loop... any ideas? (i.e. a loop on its side with zero offset)

basically, im trying to make a nascar track, with nice, even banked turns (for which im trying to use the loopgen), but i cant seem to work out the correct values necessary.

Ive been using the excel sheet as i can easilly edit the values... I know it must be possible - but.... arghhhhhhh! :lol:

please help.

I think what you are referring to is a helix, download the helix generator and type in 0 height I think with a radius of your choice.

If Im wrong please tell me.

BTW: when I try to create a loop with an ID other than 18450: I dont get a loop - I get one road under the water o.O, thats only for the loop gen and not the helix gen. I tried Ids 2910 (a road) 13592 (A loop) and 3458

[attachment=0]mta-screen0002.jpg[/attachment] :redhotevil:

Yes I know, cars won't be able to drive up that

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there =)

I had the idea to create a loop-tool based on the Language Delphi (like c++)

I thought it might help if you have no working exel (like me i only use open office :P) or if you actually have no conenction to the internet to use The Beyond's php Loop-Tool.

But first of all i'd like to know if anyone here is interested in such a programm and if yes i think i'll need rickets help because i havn't the formulas for calculating the loops or the time to build them up on my own^^

I started the Project in Delphi yet but I only build the Form to show you a little preview:

Loop-Tools.JPG

What you see here is not useable yet so dont ask where to download it (I only coded the close button at the moment =))

I think to write the coordinates of the objects in a seperate .txt data so there you havn't the problem with the tab spaces or kommas instead of dots.

I hope to get some feedback about the idea and the layout =D

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I was trying to find a way to easily make loops in the map editor for MTA. It sucks trying to place each piece one by one. I decided to try to calculate the coordinates and rotations in Excel. The spread sheet I made accepts input for the following parameters.

center coordinates (the coordinates of the loop in the world)

radius of the loop

# of pieces to use for the loop

offset (lateral distance between entrance and exit points)

The results were very good. This is a loop with radius 30, 44 pieces and an offset of 20.

As of now the spread sheet can only be used to make loops along the x axis and the data exporting part is a little tricky. Here it is if anyone is interested.

MTA Loop Generator

I'm looking for suggestions on how to make this program more efficient and possibly add more parameters. I am not a programmer so I don;t think there is much more I can do with it.

yeye, whatever, but where i do need put those files what are in this loopfile??

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...