Making perfect loops with Excel

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, entering the parameters is pretty straightforward so I think you may be having trouble exporting the data. You need to select everything in yellow on the left. You will see that each line is one object and there are always 96 lines. If you enter in a smaller number in the '# of pieces' field you only need to select the lines of code up to and including that number. Then paste all this into a text editor. The file will contain many tab spaces you need to convert the tab spaces to regular spaces. This can be done with the replace feature. You can not type a tab space so you will have to highlight a tab space and copy/paste into the find field. Once the tab spaces have been converted to regular spaces you may add the code to your map file.

Sure they are, they are perfect loops! I recommend you to try that map. :P

The 2 maps I posted are testing maps of repeating loops to let you guys see that there can be driven on it and to let you guys know how to let it repeat, I don't think I can help Rickets007 about how to improve the program as I don't know anything about programming :oops:

This is usefull and it saves me time :wink:

Thanks Rickets007 and I wish you good luck on improving it with someone who knows about programming :D

The loop is too hard to make.

Looks nice but hard to make.

Edit: did my own spiral with that prog.

11111jd7.th.jpg

2222xm5.th.jpg

If I do the spiral smaller I could save objects and build one really long spiral.

Alright, I have added a '# of loops' parameter. You can also control the direction of the loop (right or left handed) by making the offset negative.

But I want it in another angle.

Now I can have <--- and ---> if you get what i mean. Right and left handed.

But I want it in another angle, is taht possible?

I have done some thinking about the spirals.

In the Unites States engineers use the term 'superelevation' to describe the angle a banked corner makes with flat ground. It looks like your super elevation in the picture is about 45 degrees.

There are two ways to deal with the transition from flat ground to the spirals superelevation.

1. Make the spiral have a constant superelevation and add separate transitional sections at the ends.

2. Make the superelevation start at zero and gradually increase until the middle of the spiral and then gradually decrease until the exit. This is similar to how I designed the loop generator so that the entrance and exit are strait.