Its time to release it!!!

Yes you right most of ppls don't understand it becouse they don't wana to do it!They have saw cool pics and some videos and they think what mta dm is perfect.Ppls think what there is no any bug. So i sugest what devs should make a video where we can see not only nice and smooof gameplay but alsoe some bugs wich you have there.In video we see only the BEST side of the game.So that's why everyone asking to release it now.Anyway i think it would be realy good to release it now and after that just continue your work normaly.

So, you want them to show some bugs in the video so less people wants to get it when It's done? They make videos so more people will be interested about the product, and if they show some bugs less people would want to get it when It's released. Atleats that's what i think would happend.

Yes you right most of ppls don't understand it becouse they don't wana to do it!They have saw cool pics and some videos and they think what mta dm is perfect.Ppls think what there is no any bug. So i sugest what devs should make a video where we can see not only nice and smooof gameplay but alsoe some bugs wich you have there.In video we see only the BEST side of the game.So that's why everyone asking to release it now.Anyway i think it would be realy good to release it now and after that just continue your work normaly.

So, you want them to show some bugs in the video so less people wants to get it when It's done? They make videos so more people will be interested about the product, and if they show some bugs less people would want to get it when It's released. Atleats that's what i think would happend.

Huh maybe you right but...Ppls see videos from site and they think what everythink is so cool!What sync there is perfect!But they don't know what happening there!Why some of chat in mta dm chat box is removed!

So there should be any way there how to show to another ppls what this this mod is not so good how ppl think.No i don't wana to say what this mod is bad.Ppl just don't understand.So they should release somethink.But before they should be warned about mod bug free!They have to taste it.How it is.

The other 90% of the community is gone

That is just absurd.

Of course there is some part of the community that got tired of waiting but it definetly ain't 90% and if MTA will be as good as it looks like in the videos, the community will just get bigger and bigger.

And what do you know about the community that left if you joined the forums at the end of 2005? Most of the old faces are still here, look arround. Dont judge it because of the forums, or the ammount of people playing race mode. The GTA community is still playing mta 0.5 or sa-mp. They will play MTA when it will be released, there will be new people coming, so, what u said, that the team should release it because of the lost community - thats not an issue.

So stop bitching, stfu and wait ffs.

I don't see your point. If you're suggesting that releasing a video is taking time away from development, you are mistaken. Like I said if you don't want a video.. don't watch it.

Anyway, what matters in the end is the quality of the mod, not how pissed off people got while they were waiting.

Keeping us waiting two years when we're used to 6-8 month releases was really not the brightest idea. I understand it's a new core, and we're going to have all these features... but I don't WANT a beefed up super hardcore asskicking beta version. I want one that's got some odd bugs, and then I want to see improvement. That way you say "We've given you something pretty damn cool, but KEEP PLAYING and STAY DEDICATED to us, and we'll make the next version EVEN BETTER"

... :?

The other 90% of the community is gone

That is just absurd.

Of course there is some part of the community that got tired of waiting but it definetly ain't 90% and if MTA will be as good as it looks like in the videos, the community will just get bigger and bigger.

And what do you know about the community that left if you joined the forums at the end of 2005? Most of the old faces are still here, look arround. Dont judge it because of the forums, or the ammount of people playing race mode. The GTA community is still playing mta 0.5 or sa-mp. They will play MTA when it will be released, there will be new people coming, so, what u said, that the team should release it because of the lost community - thats not an issue.

So stop bitching, stfu and wait ffs.

Sorry about the double post. t_t

I've been playing MTA since .3. This is.. my third MTA forums account? (If any moderator wants to be arsed enough to check and confirm that, wootyburgers.)

And yes, there's a lot of old faces around here. Half of those are the people on the QA team (When you can actually play it, you're of course going to stick around) and the other main portion of the community is the hardcore people who are addicted to whats left of the community. (Brophy, Jigga, Rebel, FMJ/SM/Blasta members etc)

Also, the community may be getting "new" people, but they're all arrogant newbs. I used to enjoy playing .5 even after the community bombed on itself, because there were still some decent players who valued honor and respect. All that's left now is people who bitch at you if you stubbykill them, or nade glitchers. The only exception to that, is TWO people I've run into, on the SS server, who come from way back when. (Jeremy, and {SB}Omghax - from the old Skull Breakers server, they were regulars.) Aside from that, there was nothing like this..

[FKU]Rob killed Guy #1 (Stubby Shotgun)

Guy #1: N1

[FKU]Rob: ty ;D

^ There's none of that anymore. It's more like

[FKU]Rob killed Guy #1 (Stubby Shotgun)

Guy #1: hahahaha pwned noob I raped ur sister last night noob

What good is a community that wanes in both size and decency to what it used to be? :roll:

So.. yeah. :?

Rob maybe you should build a time machine and go back to 0.3 if it was that good. I started playing mta at early 0.3r2 and I dont see that gameplay has changed that much so i would have to cry over it. If you think that ppl from fmj/sm and blasta are the only ones left, you should open your other eye too or get your ass into a 0.5 server and you would see some xe,sol,tlr,pcp and mfs too.

Actually Huzs, I can see the point in what Rob is saying. Whenever I join a server with a fake nick I either get constantly IP checked (-_-) by the clan running the server or whined by the non-taggers (you lag, glitch, etc) Eventually I get glitch/uberfps killed or I end up leaving 10 clips of m4 wasted because some "pwzor" blocked me. Pffff... in 0.3 you had to have a knowledge of MTA world plus some skill, now it's only either NASA spec machine, so you can out-fps everybody, or a low end one, so you can Matrix them :P There is no knowledge needed, MTA helps them kill you.

Actually Huzs, I can see the point in what Rob is saying. Whenever I join a server with a fake nick I either get constantly IP checked (-_-) by the clan running the server or whined by the non-taggers (you lag, glitch, etc) Eventually I get glitch/uberfps killed or I end up leaving 10 clips of m4 wasted because some "pwzor" blocked me. Pffff... in 0.3 you had to have a knowledge of MTA world plus some skill, now it's only either NASA spec machine, so you can out-fps everybody, or a low end one, so you can Matrix them :P There is no knowledge needed, MTA helps them kill you.

Now you can see my pain =p. Except, you missed the part of getting banned by the tagged players, it happens a lot. I don't quite understand why, but I'm sure many will jump to insult me in some form or another ^_^.

You can still play 0.5 based off of knowledge, by the way. Just, don't expect to come anywhere near short of being accused of a cheater. I've already had that done by players who knew full well who I was.

Though, I must admit, the community in 0.5 is rather pathetic =P.

If we released it early to win back the community, we'd just lose more people due to the bugs.

Another reason why it is taking a long time is because we are setting the format for the maps. We've got to get it right the first time because if it has to be changed later on, older maps will be incompatible and it will cause all kinds of problems.

Im not following the news about this Dm , but i heard something about the

Map creator , so it will be a totally new map creator ? because it should have more tools or something....

I think the best form of bug testing and actually keeping your player base is by including the community in the process somehow, like most other hobby projects. Keeping alot of things a secret and isolating the project to only a few select people just makes alot of people not very motivated to even bother checking back here, especially as San andreas slowly becomes more and more outdated. Another thing to keep in mind is that GTA 4 is supposed to be out in 2007, this is just around the corner.

Another thing to keep in mind is that GTA 4 is supposed to be out in 2007, this is just around the corner.

PC releases of this franchise happen to come at a later stage with the console installments announced to be released by october.

Another thing to keep in mind is that GTA 4 is supposed to be out in 2007, this is just around the corner.

PC releases of this franchise happen to come at a later stage with the console installments announced to be released by october.

Not to mention we don't even know if it will have proper multiplayer..

Ok, Lets Put This In A Different Perspective.

Lets Say You Pay 15 Dollars A Month For (ugh) World Of Warcrap.

First Release (Too Soon In My Opinion) Server Crashes Up The Ass, Bugs Galore, What Do You Think Those People Did?

Sit Back And Say Glad I Got This Early, Even Though I Have To Connect 50,000 Times A Day? No....

They Complained, And Complain, And Continue To Complain...

I Guess This Will Be The Case No Matter How Or When Anything Is Released.

Just Hang On To Your Pantyhose :)

Ok, Lets Put This In A Different Perspective.

Lets Say You Pay 15 Dollars A Month For (ugh) World Of Warcrap.

First Release (Too Soon In My Opinion) Server Crashes Up The Ass, Bugs Galore, What Do You Think Those People Did?

Sit Back And Say Glad I Got This Early, Even Though I Have To Connect 50,000 Times A Day? No....

They Complained, And Complain, And Continue To Complain...

I Guess This Will Be The Case No Matter How Or When Anything Is Released.

Just Hang On To Your Pantyhose :)

God. Please.. Dont use a capital letter for every word. It's annoying to look at.

Anyway, what you say is true. They complained and complained, until Blizzard started to shoot themselves in the foot. Literally, and not methaphorically. Now, World of Warcraft was and still is a horrible and time-consuming game, Blizzard uses it to indrectly destroy peoples mind and decrease the mind capacity of thoughts and dreams to the equal of a goat.

But yeah. It's not worth buying an expensive game while it's still in Bug-State.