Do you use a gamepad with MTASA Race Mod?

Ransom

Do you use a gamepad with MTASA Race Mod?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a gamepad with MTASA Race Mod?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but would like to or try to

Question

I'm just wondering, because I've always used one. I know theres great keyboard players, I've seen someone who can fly a hydra better than me on ace.map with a keyboard! It shows me that keyboards certainly have no less capability than a controller, providing you got a good set of keyboarding hands.

I use both, I fly with gamepad and do the rest with keyboard+mouse, first reason is becouse my controll setup is all about flying and doesn't really work well with other vehicles, and second is becouse I really like the free mouse view while driving around to keep an eye on the enviroment, especially in race.

I used to fly with keyboard aswell, but when I bought a controller convertor (console to pc) I permanently switched to controller flying becouse It's more accurate when flying (and shooting) with the hunter in first person i.e.

And yeah, your ace map is a real pilot test a friend of me (flight sim freak, including huge force feedback joystick) and I are the only two of my clan who have completed it, all others fly with keyboard and some people just really suck with both a controller and keyboard flying. :)

ive always used a gamepad for gta games, for all other games i use kb & mouse

if you imagine my gamepad to have to same buttons as a ps2 one then i accellerate and sprint with L2

i use both hands for vehiles but once i exit one i grab my mouse which has about 10 buttons, enough for all the neccessary on-foot controls :)

I thought that i was going to be using a gamepad before i purchased SA because of what i have read in articles about the new handling system with the mouse when you are in a vehicle. However that changed because its nothing hard to adapt too and i decided to stay put with the keyboard for the entire gameplay, both when playing as a individual and online.

FPS's are meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard, i can't imagine myself using a gamepad while playing counter-strike or something. Although i use a joystick while flying planes or helis, it makes aiming a bit easier.

Edited by Guest
  • MTA Team
i also race with keyboard but i wanna try it with a gamepad

btw does anybody knows a receiver for a wireless 360 controller to pc :?:

I beleive the 360 wireless controller uses bluetooth for communication.

And playing games with a controller is a lot different then with kb/mouse. But a good controller and some practice can make you get used to it. I finished Halo on my PC with the 360 controller and it feeled allright.

I tried a in MTA Gamepad once, but I always played with Keyboard, as I don't have any consoles.

Keyboard all the way. I like the harsh way keyboard controlling is. I also preffer skill over speed, and I can imagine Pad is only usefull when you want to fly very fast tru tight corridors/whatever.

I use Keyboard to do this. :) I fly Ace.map fullspeed without rerouting except for the one tunnel in the countryside where I slow down a bit.