MTA living world?

Guest Deathslayer

hey guys, i just got a short question:

is it possible to play in a living world, with 2 other friends? through MTA?

I know its possible to play in a non living world (with no bots) but im wondering if bots can be inserted too...

thanks in advance,

DS.

Synchronizing pedestrians would be very bandwidth consuming, so only a limited number of real players would be allowed to play. What's more likely is that they sync a limited number of bots that perform specific tasks, but I doubt that will be in the first release.

However, they could give the illusion of a living world like this:

Imo, the best solution for implementing regular peds would be to have them only appear when a player is alone, and have them disappear when another player gets within range to prevent conflicts. This way the feeling of a living, breathing city is retained.

hm, maybe bots would not consume as much bandwidth if they only interacted with the server when they spawned and after that followed the exact same program which would be a part of MTA (the path on which they walked and the way they reacted to players) so they would react to the same situation in the same way and the only other time they would use bandwidth would be to message the server that they have bumped into a player or have been killed.

i hope my idea can be realised in some way :)

hm, maybe bots would not consume as much bandwidth if they only interacted with the server when they spawned and after that followed the exact same program which would be a part of MTA (the path on which they walked and the way they reacted to players) so they would react to the same situation in the same way and the only other time they would use bandwidth would be to message the server that they have bumped into a player or have been killed.

i hope my idea can be realised in some way :)

What happens if someone parks a car in the middle of their route? What if someone hits a lamppost and knocks it into their path?

sync it serversided!

And make a Lan only Gamemode....."LivingWorld"

Or only Users with much bandwide can play it!!!

But its a good Idea, i would play it :P

Server has no map, it doesn't know where the objects are, so the bots will go through walls, they will be flying and other stuff like this. That's gonna look awful.

P.S: there were lots of topics about bots, read them, you'll find answers for all of your questions there

• 3 months later...

I don't get it.. didnt anybody played GTA II multiplayer? There are a lot of pedestrians/civilians walking around and driving cars. They are also in single mode. Is there no possible way to synchronise the coordinate's of the pedestrians/civilians with thoose other players through internet?

I hope so because playing MTA in a died out city starts to get boring.

True, but cant it be an option? That the server's admin can choose if he will put the option on or not? Maybe only driving cars it will be a great idea for the next version of MTA.

Sure peds will make it into the game, just not on the initial release. Based on what I've seen from the scripting engine, it looks like it might even be possible via a mod. However, even if that isn't the case, I'm assuming that if the devs have time they will implement it later.

Note to everyone who keeps claiming that bandwidth is the reason behind this: it isn't. You can easily solve the bandwidth problem by limiting the number of bots+players to a certain number. That way, as more players join, more bots leave, and vice versa. Once you have the bots in the game, syncing 15 bots is no harder than syncing 15 players.

I don't think 15 peds would fill up the city. :P

When you really wanna sync all that crap it DOES take alot of bandwith.

You could make it radically playerside plus with no collisions at all (much like wow and other mmorpgs handle it) or you would end up with a mod like 3 or 4 players can play together,

and that wasn't the purpose of mta afaik. :J

I still would love to see that idea converted into a "mod of the mod" or something.

it would be pretty sweet..when i gave mtavc to my friend he asked where the peds were.....he still likes the game, but peds would be more entertaining.

but i agree....definently focus on the initial release, then research this.