Well then

neCo

I just recently got San Andreas, so I downloaded MTA today.

Everything worked fine until It crashed about 20 minutes ago.

Now nothing works. Not even normal San Andreas.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled both MTA and GTA numerous times, but to no avail.

So im blaming you guys for wrecking my copy of the game unless you tell me how to fix it.

From what I've read, im getting the 'Splash Error' Where the splash comes up, then nothing, But nobody said anything about normal GTA not working, either.

Have you deleted "My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\gta_sa.set"? If that doesn't work, explain exactly what happens.

There is no way that installing MTA can break the standard SA install, no modifications are made to any San Andreas files.

Have you deleted "My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\gta_sa.set"? If that doesn't work, explain exactly what happens.

There is no way that installing MTA can break the standard SA install, no modifications are made to any San Andreas files.

Didn't have one.

Also, the game /crashed/ and now /something/ wont let me play. Don't assume its San Andreas.

Explaining exactly what happens:

Nothing. Nothing at all. Process manager - The process pops up, then goes away. The mouse cursor goes into the 'im doing something' mode for a split second, but thats it. No screens, no nothing.

Paul - Been cleaned twice.

When you try starting San Andreas, does the CD drive at least try to read the disk?

Also, after installing San Andreas, do you see the folder "GTA San Andreas User Files" in your documents? And if so, does it contain the file "gta_sa.set" that eAi was talking about?

It sounds like a file could be missing, because I remember my other GTA games not starting after it could not find a file.

No.

But there was also no problem with anything before all of this either.

Oh, also, a detail I left out:

One time when I launched it, the resolution mysteriously set itself to the maximum, so I could only see 1/4 of the screen. I changed it, then about 10 minutes later, it crashed. Maybe this fucked something up in the game?

No.

One time when I launched it, the resolution mysteriously set itself to the maximum, so I could only see 1/4 of the screen. I changed it, then about 10 minutes later, it crashed. Maybe this :o something up in the game?

If you install the game and gta-sa.set isn't present, something is wrong with your installation, not with MTA. Is this a downloaded version of the game or a retail copy?

Another possibility is that it is video card related. What video card do you have, and did you change any settings (update drivers, go into it's control panel, etc.) before it stopped working?

Also, when you uninstall, be sure to remove all traces of GTA:SA (delete these folders: My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files and Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

No.

One time when I launched it, the resolution mysteriously set itself to the maximum, so I could only see 1/4 of the screen. I changed it, then about 10 minutes later, it crashed. Maybe this :o something up in the game?

Also, when you uninstall, be sure to remove all traces of GTA:SA (delete these folders: My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files and Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

I can't believe I didn't try that

It's fixed.

5 Stars for Support.