MTA:VC Official

But its going to be a little harder than that, surely. Blokker, the whole team who are doing this mod really are clever peope. I just dont know how a mod production team can make this mod work for both games. I would just be happy with the mod working for any one game.I would even "pay" for the mod if it worked like it was suppost to. We all know on this forum that people just want a "virtual city" with loads of "human players" running around so we can kill each other. Hopefully that dream will become a reality, but the team should really concertrate on one game. One more thing, i have noticed that a lot of people on this forum talk a load of shit. Plz, plz people lets all help the team and just post stuff that really matters. I mean lets face it, there are going to be loads of posts now say" when is gta vicecity out". LOL :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But its going to be a little harder than that, surely. Blokker, the whole team who are doing this mod really are clever peope. I just dont know how a mod production team can make this mod work for both games. I would just be happy with the mod working for any one game.I would even "pay" for the mod if it worked like it was suppost to. We all know on this forum that people just want a "virtual city" with loads of "human players" running around so we can kill each other. Hopefully that dream will become a reality, but the team should really concertrate on one game. One more thing, i have noticed that a lot of people on this forum talk a load of shit. Plz, plz people lets all help the team and just post stuff that really matters. I mean lets face it, there are going to be loads of posts now saying " when is gta vicecity out". LOL :)
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, if its gonna be even better and its only gonna take a few months its well worth the wait. Remember: Its out when its out, no questions asked.

Although, I have to ask, how many new cars (or Aircraft for that matter) is there gonna be on MTA Vice City. Iv'e seen that screenshot at the top of the page and I have to say, I ain't never seen that before, what is it, a Toyota Yaris or summit? I ain't got GTA3 for the PC, I bought it for PS2 instead, to be honest, it kept me happy for the best part of a Year. I also bought VC for PS2, but I bust it when I knocked the PS2 off my Telly, my PS2 has been acting funny ever since... wonders never cease to amaze me. I never got the PS2 version finished so I bought it for the PC, £5.01 cheaper and more controls, what a relief, I hadn't played it since January and I was starting to go weird. Oh, shit. My whole life story, I hate it when I do this :!::roll:

They're working on it because VC is so freakin' sweet :)

they're fixing it. silly loendal...

GTA3 and VC are very very similar, so they aren't having a huge amount of trouble making MTA: VC :)

Ok, but here's another question

Firstly, I deleted my post after I noticed someone had already asked the same question =)

Secondly, I thought the whole key to making GTA3 MTA was due to some leftover code lingering in the finished product.

I have trouble thinking they would leave the same code dangling about the second time around. My paranoia is acting up, but doesn't it seem like they're letting the public sector make their Multiplayer systems? They can then use the ideas / code you wrote to make a retail Multiplayer mode.

Yes, I know, silly idea, but just something that popped into my head

• 3 weeks later...

your all right they must take their time cuze if they dont the multyplayer might not be good and that would suck but one quastion can you do via the internet or only via lan (i still wonder when its done i cant wait)

greetings from the netherlands

and ijsvogel and the others you guys rock

From our testing, MTA works via LAN, Internet or a combination of both (if running the Server from a lan'd machine). You cannot however connect to an outside Server from two machines within a LAN as your outgoing (from) address will look the same to the Server. This is something that we have had to do, and in most cases people don't seem to care. If you run the Server on your LAN, and allow outside connections in, then you will be fine ....

You cannot however connect to an outside Server from two machines within a LAN as your outgoing (from) address will look the same to the Server.

NOOO :(

This is something we did for simplicity now and will look at changing in the future.

Yes, that is possible as to the Server your LAN machines are using different IPs and so is your external host.

As long as the LAN'd person runs the Server and allows external players to join, then you will have no problems (in theory).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...