Whats next?

eeliottheking

Question

Well, most likely some bugs will creep into the release, so they will be fixed first. Then some features will be added that were pushed back from the first release. After then, who knows? ;) The first release has most single player elements synced, but not all of them.

Although for me game modes are pretty similar in their flow (like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Sabotage, CTF, Flagball, ...), even though these might be developed through a standard SDK program, the team themselves might want to create offical modes to include into future releases.

RPG is a new type altogether, I remember a thread which was posted a few months ago discussing if there was any interest in such an element being developed sometime.

Its all down to the resources of what the developers have to offer.

just wonderin, but what r u guys gonna do with mta after DM is realeased? I suggest you guys keep releasing different game types, but thats just me...

There is plenty of stuff that has been pushed back for another release, as well as many new features that were meant to be in a future release. Of course we can't tell you what they are yet. The SDK will be released some time later.

They can always start making multiplayer mod for another game.

Yeah they can and even if GTA4 has online play it probobly will need a valid copy of the game. (as most people don't have *wink*)

And if MTA makes a GTA4 online i'll play that one instead of the one that rockstar made. :)

Mostly cuz MTA:4 :) will probobly be better then rockstarts multiplayer for the simple reason that MTA is a labor of love mod and not something they do for money or anything else. they just make MTA becouse they love doing it. and that will allways be better then one made by people cuz it's their job. (hope i explained myself clearly, without confusing you too mush. :P )

I agree on your behalf as well, Kamazy.

If the next game has online gameplay included, it will be a new experience for those who havent heard of our community and other multiplayer modifications that have been developed over the years.

They can always start making multiplayer mod for another game.

I think the sole of this community is for GTA in general, i couldnt imagine seeing the team developing on another game in my opinion.

I think you are wrong when you say that rockstar made their games for money. When they started with Lemmings, it became a legendary game, and they do they job properly, you hardly find any bugs in their games, at least compared to something like EA. Not to mention that the content in their games is pretty fun, you can always find something new. But they just might aswell leave the multiplayer part for the MTA team, with some code already written to help, like they did in SA (or so i presumed after reading stuff).

I think you are wrong when you say that rockstar made their games for money.

Of course they did, businesses do everything for money. ;)

But they just might aswell leave the multiplayer part for the MTA team, with some code already written to help, like they did in SA (or so i presumed after reading stuff).

They never left any multiplayer code in SA. They had some in GTA3, but it was useless afaik, and the MTA team made their own. I doubt they would ever leave any intentionally.

I think Rockstar's multiplayer would stick very much to the core gameplay of GTA 4, whereas MTA's has a map editor that you can use to create your own game modes and maps. I doubt GTA 4 will have this functionality, so I could see the two co-existing.

I think Rockstar's multiplayer would stick very much to the core gameplay of GTA 4, whereas MTA's has a map editor that you can use to create your own game modes and maps. I doubt GTA 4 will have this functionality, so I could see the two co-existing.

So even if the next Grand Theft Auto has built in multiplayer ability, the MTA team could allow it to have custom maps, and an editor to make the custom maps.

Yeahm so even if gta 4 has multi player MTA could be a ... amm... enchantment team (acn't think of other word) making gta4 multiplayer even better. :)

the ONLY feature that i'm looking for in gta4 is peds and other NPCs. (if it does have that)

Also: about rockstart making gta for money it half true, as gta 1 - 2 were just a fun project that some people made, they were called DMA back then. and now that it's getting big they are making it (mostly) for money.

That's the point. I think people expect MTA to stick very closely to GTA gameplay. If I wanted Counter Strike gameplay i would play CS. At the beggining MTA was a multiplayer mod for GTA. Now it's becoming something else, which may not be good for some people. But, as always majority wins, so I guess I'm the one who is losing.