MTASA Deathmatch Maps

Ransom

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All elements that appear in the 3D world have a limit, I have no idea what the pickup limit is. Keep in mind that the pickups in DM are the ones you see in single player, not the custom made ones from race.

There is probably no set limit on spawnpoints, though there will obviously be a limit on player slots (yet to be determined).

I made a simple map called 'Desert Battle' which could either be fun or damn boring, only way to find out is to test it.. there are 2 teams, 1 team on the cliff (and the other one that have boats (spawning in 3 locations with different types of boats).. the point here is that the guys on the cliff need to defend their base by throwing Cocktails at the boats.. these boats carry people and their task is to get to stop on one of the repair pickups (respawn time 1 second) to become 'invicible' once done they are able to start attacking the other team.. dead and for them as the only passage that leads out is blocked by huge boulders and the water is full with hungry sharks..

mtascreen0056xh1.th.jpg

maybe there are too many boats, if the pirate ship was drivable 1 or 2 would be enough..

NOTE: the spawnpoints might be messed up..

maybe there are too many boats, if the pirate ship was drivable 1 or 2 would be enough..

NOTE: the spawnpoints might be messed up..

And why is that a problem? With the glue function you can fit more people on a boat. Then you will have one player moving the boat and others defending it.

And why is that a problem? With the glue function you can fit more people on a boat. Then you will have one player moving the boat and others defending it.

the boats are quite small, you can't fit 16 players on 1 ;) hmm but then again the pirate ship cannot be damaged making the molotov cocktails useless, not what I want...

Do vehicle spawns pickups have a respawn time as well? Like when you take a car and it respawns after x seconds.

There are no vehicle respawn pickups. ;)

Only regular pickups from single player (weapons, health, and armor).

Ok, so when someone destroys a vehicle it's gone forever untill the next match.

Do vehicle spawns pickups have a respawn time as well? Like when you take a car and it respawns after x seconds.

There are no vehicle respawn pickups. ;)

Only regular pickups from single player (weapons, health, and armor).

Ok, so when someone destroys a vehicle it's gone forever untill the next match.

No, there are vehicle respawn options, these were covered in a blog post a while back. This has nothing to do with any pickups.

Very nice there Talco. It really looks fun. Look at the first page about adding pickups.

Thanks!

Now i have added all spawns (23 :lol: ) and all pickup i wished put, but i have a question:

how i put weapons at the spawn?

can we already know the syntax or we must wait the DM editor?

WIP tdm chinatown:

ct13dc.th.jpg ct23na.th.jpg danungbase14kh.th.jpg

danungbase26dw.th.jpg triadebase10hc.th.jpg triadebase28fq.th.jpg

triadestairs10yx.th.jpg triadestairs21dc.th.jpg tstairs48ks.th.jpg

teams: Da Nung Boys (South side) vs. Triades (North side)

they are separated by 2 buildings, so they can meet eachohers only in chinatown; also, area is locked with other buildings, so no1 can escape

pickups - didnt add them yet; since triades have terrain advantage (they are on higher levels, roofs etc) I think I should give them "weaker" weapons

vehicles: only sanchez; 1 per 2 players (those haystacks on screenshots represent vehicles, and sanchezes are spawnpoints)

a suggestion: prefixes

I think we should give prefixes before maps, like tdm, dm, mh (man hunt)....etc, like in CS:S and HL2DM, so players know what to expect; and I think that should be official; maybe like [tdm] namehere, tdm@namehere, tdm_namehere.......

questions:

if 1 da nung boy kills another1, who doesnt look like him, will that be teamkill? I mean, does script group diferent peds (like triades, dn boys, grove families....) in teams, or script counts every diferent ped like diferent team?

is there some way, in pre-dm mapping, to make players spawn with their weapons? cause all I know now is to put weapon pickups etc, but I want them to spawn with armors,and some "default" weapons

edit: forgot to say, its 16vs16 playrs map :D

Edited by Guest

Nice Map! :D

a suggestion: prefixes

I think we should give prefixes before maps, like tdm, dm, mh (man hunt)....etc, like in CS:S and HL2DM, so players know what to expect; and I think that should be official; maybe like [tdm] namehere, tdm@namehere, tdm_namehere.......

true, is better

questions:

if 1 da nung boy kills another1, who doesnt look like him, will that be teamkill? I mean, does script group diferent peds (like triades, dn boys, grove families....) in teams, or script counts every diferent ped like diferent team?

]

is there some way, in pre-dm mapping, to make players spawn with their weapons? cause all I know now is to put weapon pickups etc, but I want them to spawn with armors,and some "default" weapons

we must wait the release for this :(

questions:

1. A script groups players into teams however you want it to, you define what players are part of which team. So you will be able to make it however you want.

2. Check the bottom of the last page, you will need to use a script to give players weapons, and since the scripting functions aren't public yet, you can't.

I am finally done with my 32 player TDM map :D . It is a total re-design of the race and DD map with ~1000 hand laid objects (no interior). I'll have to change the syntax to a DM map before uploading it but the hard work is done.

Todo's:

- Script teams?

- Respawn vehicle after it is destroyed

- Toggle "sticky mode" for all vehicles

- Script weather type depending on time of the day

:roll:

You can download the map with race syntax here (in case you want to load it in the race editor): http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~owahlen/mtasadm/

Please note that there are 64 spawn points (32 to simulate players). If you save it in the editor you'll lose 32 spawnpoints.

Video (design preview): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co8NJV_uRFM (low quality)

Screenshots (hi-res):

oktdmalpha18iw.th.jpg

oktdmalpha20tp.th.jpg

oktdmalpha34fr.th.jpg

oktdmalpha44ga.th.jpg

oktdmalpha55cu.th.jpg

Edited by Guest