Tips for creating races

Might as well stop by this thread and say your page certainly explains some positive views about the different kinds of tips and hints about the modification. This should give beginners more guidence into developing a new race and even give the more advance creators new advice for example.

Oh, I think this is the MTA:SA R1.1.1 version server. My server is 1 rank lower than yours, but its the #1 in MTA:SA R1.0 server because there are only maximum of 30+ players but in MTA:SA R1.1.1, there are hundreds of players.

PS : Your server rule is more detailed, mine is quite simple but straight to the point ;)

Note : My server's forum:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/babybelplaza/

add a section

DO NOT DO THIS

for example

do not make a ramp + checkpoint that changes to plane /boat /rc baron

- if you want to use that place the checkpoint at least 1 meter after the ramp so players dont get stuck

etcetcetc ;)

other than that .. good job - carry on :D

ps - there a 2 lane 8 player starting grid is also very annoying

1. the players in 1st and 2nd starting place will win

2. if there is a few players with lots of lag difference its still a messy start

but still better than some impossible amount of players on really small area

best starting line is a fair .. 1 ugly row

but that dont work too well with most tracks

anyway still its better to have 2 lane 8 player than random spawns .. where you get stuck in walls or start in front of a tree etcetc

• 1 month later...

Even though I'm new to MTA and mapping I have some minor tips too.

1) Don't use a helicopter vehicle change cp at ground level when players are likely to travel at a fairly high speed. The heli needs time to get at full speed before being able to take off. You can use a vehicle change pickup instead (Heli's will change at full rotor speed with a pickup item).

2) Don't use nitro pickups when a player is on a bike (unless they get to choose between a bike or car). As far as I know it's pretty useless because you can't use the item anyway.

3) Don't place nitro pickups right in front of a vehicle change cp. Again - pretty useless because you'll loose the nitro once your vehicle changes.