Bots

Would it really be so hard to add bots to DM? I meen, there is some standard AI in single player, like cops, gang memebers etc. Coudln't you use that to make a bot attac a player for example. It would probably require more cpu from the server but not that much. And it shouldn't be harder to synch a bot than a player.

And there is a big feature that haven't been revealed yet, so who knows! :D

I don't know much about networkprogramming so I'm probably wrong, but it would be cool if it was possible!

Keep up the good work MTA team!!! I love your work!

But a bot can't take up more bandwidth than a player. Okay, you might not be able to have 32 player + 32 bots, but maybe 16 players + 16 bots. I meen every bot take one players place.

16 Bot for the whole SA? that's not worth it imo, considering that bots aren't that smart and it's not interesting to kill them..

Bots wouldn't take up more bandwidth than a player. The main problem is getting the bots to recognise their environment. The server cannot see the map so it doesn't know if the bots are walking on the street or straight through a building. Only the clients know where the collisions are.

It could be done fairly well using little bandwidth, but its very problematic, mainly because of the server not knowing about the game's environment and layout. Even with that solved there are a few other little problems though it may be introduced at some point :P

Yeah, ok that MIGHT work but nothing will be synced and everyone will see different people and cars ll over the place. :?

I mean, Let's say you're playing and fighting with some1 and shooting him. to you he might seem visible but on him screen he might be hiding behin a car or something like that.

Over all, It's not worth the making of bots or adding default peds if they're not sinced and would cause mass confusion. :wink:

Imo, the best solution for implementing regular peds would be to have them only appear when a player is alone, and have them disappear when another player gets within range to prevent conflicts. This way the feeling of a living, breathing city is retained.

In my opinion, having the AI cars & pedestrians would be important because otherwise the city will feel deserted. It would be great if one could hide among the AI citizens and surprise the other player when in close range to him.

• 3 months later...

Like GTA II multiplayer, did anybody played GTA II multiplayer? I would like to have a mod like that. A mod to earn points when a player kills pedestrians/civilians. Or just pedestrians/civilians in the game when you play race against other players. It's unrealistic and the city is bored without pedestrians/civilians. So if anybody haves a suggestion i'm not a MTA programmer so sorry about that. It's only a tip for somebody.