Uploaded - Going-Down7 (Video) [FINAL]

Hedning

OMFG my comp was up PIIIIIIIP =P yesterday so i desided to format again and offcourse I forget to copy going-down7 to my extern hdd....

So now I have to find the recovery program I used again =(

Recover my files isnt good.

Edit: mohahaah I found Going-Down7 again! and now I have a copy on the extern hdd.

Program used to recover it: Power Recovery Pro

hmmm but for some reason mta crash everytime I get to the loop/spiral, and it isnt object limit.

I will try it on a different computer later.

open the file with notepad to look for some odd character or something odd ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know me, and I know you...

You have singlehandedly made me sick of maps that even look anything like going-down, STOP MAKING THEM ALREADY!!!

It's the same shit over and over, and it's not even hard to race on them!

A rollercoaster is only fun for a few times, but since the track never changes it gets boring.

Surely you can be more creative than pumping out maps that look similar and work the same?

(No I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just want you to realise that there are people that don't like going-down at all, and if that pisses you off? fine!)

Puss

A rollercoaster is only fun for a few times, but since the track never changes

you got a point .. but still not really

-a normal rollercoaster wont change either

--its boring cuz you dont FEEL the G force ..but a lot o ppl like to play them

-there are 6 going downs and 1 coming up

--each of hedning going down map and also some other ppl that make similar map all have different elements. and you can see for yourself hedning used new things in each going-down

-that you dont like it .. so be it - but dont take it out on someone that puts lot of time into making a custom track

-- now if this was simple putting a CP on the default map - id say you have a point on the same over and over and not hard part. it aint ..u dont like it , no problem, so dont play it and we're all happy

SDK, I dont use ctrl + f9 much. Only when I build roads that are going to be straight.

Ricket, I copy the object and move it by hand there I want it so yes I place each piece one by one.

I move the object with the mouse first then I change the angle of it and then I use Home (move objects up) and End (down) so I get it there i want it.

Wow, thats a lot of work. It would be cool if someone built a program to do loops and stuff. I am not a programmer but I'm pretty good with trig. I decided to do a proof of concept using Excel. I created a spread sheet that would accept values for the following parameters:

Starting position (where you want the center of the loop to be in the world)

Radius (the radius of the loop)

#of pieces (the number of pieces to make the loop from)

offset (the lateral distance between the start and end of the look)

The spread sheet then generates the position and rotation of each piece.

I have not found a good way to convert this spread sheet data to the map file so it took me some time to get it into the right format for the map.

Here are the results (i did not make any part of this using the map editor)

mta-screen0002.jpg

It seems to me that someone who is good at programming could make this work more efficiently.