Stand Alone Version

Hey It just came to me. I wast thinking about GTA Long Night, and all the compatibility issues in differant MTA SA versions. This made me think about how Long Night has it's own exec. Would it be possible for a independant version to be programmed that would work with some sort of interpreter between the server, and client?

You still have to link MTA to SA... if you include another step into the process, the interpreter, it wont make it better/easier imho. There is not much difference between a interpreter version for every SA version or a MTA detecting the correct version. You still need that customised last link into the engine... And what program makes that link, is not really important

GTA: Long Night is a Total Conversion for Vice City that will make the game feel alot like Resident Evil. The streets are littered with zombies and the city lies in ruins. Quite a nice idea, probably not the traditional GTA feel but certainly an intresting mod. Try it out It features an entirely new storyline,20 original full missions ,Over half a dozen playable characters, New Radio Stations, New Particle Effects, Numerous weapon tweaks (including the ability to carry all heavy weapons simultaneously), New Gameplay elements (Zombies, plotlines, ) and a new and improved zombie spawning system.

http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/fil ... ight;42043