Contacted Rockstar about future versions

asonofashadow

Question

Hello all I contacted Rockstar on there new flash email component on there site. Before I tell you about that get this. LOL I got banned from the SA-MP forums. This fuking bastard actually gets mad becuase I said well I'm going to write and call them. There in San Diego, I used to live by Rockstar, and there pretty fucking cool guys. The mother fucker writes me back saying I don't think you should support 1.01, or get into any issues with American legistlature and all this bullshit. I'm serious the basterd wrote a letter to go against giving support. I think Y_Less should be a character on the Banman mod lol. So I said told him how in thought he was basicly a facist fuck and they banned me. It's ok my heart is with MTA all the way. You might be able to still see the postings on there general section.

To the point. Rockstar is going to be getting back to me soon. I called, and was told by the operator a statement, or a reply email will be issued when they can.

I sent them links to all the best mods out there MTA, the fags at SA-MP, Fighting Hellfish's games Long Night, and Banman, Myriad Islands, and GTA SOL. I hope the reply is positive. Cali boys are alot cooler than those foriegn jerks know. Also it would help if anyone else can send a email to Rockstar about how much you love the GTA Universe, the joy of MTA, and how much mods are great and extend the value of the games.

13 answers to this question

As far as I know, R* already knows about MTA. As for getting banned from SA-MP, I wouldn't be surprised with comments like that. They ban you for constructive criticism, a lot of their IRC halfops/etc are pre-pubescent kids who have nothing better to do than police an Internet chat room.

I like the idea of contacting R* about future possibilities though, make sure you tell us the reply you get.

I saw the original topic. I don't know if it's still there or not. Basically, we're in the same boat as SA-MP. Rockstar's guys are cool, but if they feel legal pressure from the men in suits they'll pass it on to us. They could shut down the project.

Luckily there is a solution if you have a non-1.0 exe. There is an unofficial, unsupported patch that will downgrade your version of SA to 1.0. You can get it here: http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=15151

If we supported the patched exes, it would be legally questionable.

hmm...why?.. hehe..aren't the patches official patches issued bu R*?.. so, if u support them, then what's the problem?.. I never understood this issue..

He's talking about the user-made patch that turns your .exe into v1.0.

I believe in the back of San Andreas handbook, there is a list of favorite sites of Rockstar Games.

MultiTheftAuto.com is on that list I think, someone check for me, Phil stole my handbook

No its not, but some no-name crap gta sites are :roll: (trying to set record for most rolley eyes posts in one topic i guess)

Ah Yes, MTA all the way.

Why bother playing a mod you can actually play, when you can wait for a year and give yourself ulcers wondering when the hell something's going to come out.

MTA had written rockstar a while ago (General section, blokkers post "Rockstar Reactions" I think) It'd be nice to folow up with the same person and get some thoughts / Reactions to the new version. :wink: