Colored Name tags

paul527

Even though it is useful, i feel the challenge comes from your knowledge without using the coloured nametags to help identify your team members, its the way personally i like playing, on the other hand some players would prefer to use that feature and i wouldnt say it couldnt be handy if introduced to the mod.

Its cool without them.

if used well-example the team-vs-team then its ok .. but in general .. i'd say no .. its only cool. untill the point where every noob has a multicolored msn like nick :S

:shock::cry:

PS .. StormaX .. do you realise the bottom image in your signature is 1/4 MB !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
why is it a bad thing to have Colored name tags?

I dont know what others think but my opinion is the following;

SA-MP has it and it's pretty usefull when playing with about 5-10 people. Then you can see which individuals is who by looking at the scoreboard at hand and thereafter compare the name and color to the corrosponding one on the radar. But when more than 10 people join, people start to have the same colors which is undeniable annoying and highly inusefull.

But honestly. Isnt it logical that they will, or already have implemented team-based name colors?

• 2 weeks later...

I like Robix's idea: that way you get to choose which players are highlighted/coloured, and hunt them down/watch them much more easily.

And being a client-side feature, no more bandwidth would be used, and both the "all the same colour" activists and the "OMFG PRETTY COLORS" users could get on happily.