Programmer experienced hacking DirectX games

ijsf

Now we need a programmer, or several programmers, who are experienced hacking DirectX games.. like GTA3. For example, by making dll proxies for DirectX or drawing text (or anything) else on DirectX games.

If you can help us out with this one, reply please and we'll contact you as soon as possible.

Edited by Guest

Im quite familiar writting proxy stubs for directx games. I'm wondering if you guys are also using something like IDA to find memory locations cause i cant imagine you can write the whole mod with just proxy dlls and not reading and messing with gtas memory

don't have too much time to help with a project like this, but I can do proxy and api hooking, what kind of information exactly are you guys looking for?

heh, hooking directx draw funtions... big pain in the rear, done it before though.

I suppose a small hooker could go in and get you the surface handle, then just sendmessage that to the main application, which can use that to draw on..

Hey man, where did you find that link? Very nice. One of those utilities I have been trying to upgrade forever.

Thank you very much. :D

IJSVogel: If you e-mail me your specs of what you need, I may already have what you are looking for. I tried to place voice chat in Red Faction, but it failed. What I have written may work with GTA3. Since GTA3 uses low polynon characters, it may work. The problem that I was having is the characters would respond horribly when people chatted. Oh well, you will see.

Hey man, where did you find that link? Very nice. One of those utilities I have been trying to upgrade forever.

Thank you very much. :D

IJSVogel: If you e-mail me your specs of what you need, I may already have what you are looking for. I tried to place voice chat in Red Faction, but it failed. What I have written may work with GTA3. Since GTA3 uses low polynon characters, it may work. The problem that I was having is the characters would respond horribly when people chatted. Oh well, you will see.

We have a few RF coders in our clan, I linked this thread, and posted info on what you're looking for :)

Linky