new really cool game mode

good idea or bad?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. good idea or bad?

• yeah sounds like fun
    • nah it would suck

yo i just came up with this idea for a race:there will be teams i dunno how many maximum of 16 depending on how many players are in server now the map creater has made a race with checkpoints but no road or what ever only checkpoints and he has selected a few objects that can be used now when the map begins there will be a racer and a spectator now the spectator has to build a road for the racer(his team member) to the next checkpoint with the objects the map creator has assigned to be used 8)

yo i just came up with this idea for a race:there will be teams i dunno how many maximum of 16 depending on how many players are in server now the map creater has made a race with checkpoints but no road or what ever only checkpoints and he has selected a few objects that can be used now when the map begins there will be a racer and a spectator now the spectator has to build a road for the racer(his team member) to the next checkpoint with the objects the map creator has assigned to be used 8)

hey, how about you usa a COMMA ,

or does your comma key have a hermit living under it?

and the idea you have sounds alittle complicated, people just wanna race...

Don't want much do you? This seems like it would require alot of coding. Then again, it depends on how Blue is coded. It does seem like a cool concept. I can just see this turning into more of a disaster though.. "i wana driev i wana driev" But yeah. Teams trying to build to get the driver safe and go to the same checkpoints? That sounds quite excellent. Good thinking. However, what if you have an odd number of players? :-/

It would be a good idea, except the lag would be unbearable, and the glitches unavoidable. Good in concept, irredeemably flawed in practice.

Why do you think there would be lag and glitches?

People positioning blocks on top of cars.

Cars lagging into the blocks newly positioned by the spectator (I'm talking of the lag where the car is actually behind or in front of where you see it is, so it may "slip" into the prop and get stuck).

Those are the ones which I'm pretty sure would definately be a problem.

As for lag, I'm thinking that rotating roads, and jumps above your head being positioned would lag big-time, I dont know about your comp, but mine only lags (graphical lag) when props are moving, with 16 people, that makes 8 spectators, 8 new roads being built I would think would lag me.

Of course a way to combat that is to only see those props once they are in place, this would certainly lead to a bit of confusion if a rival spectator put an explosive barrel right in front of you, or a random jump over the barrier of a road.

On that idea, wouldnt it be fun to delete a prop from under a racer's wheels? :lol:

All these "problems" said, Im thinking of this idea from a "real time" perspective, I have no idea what the blue engine is like or whether this is possible with it, but a turn based kinda thing may work.

Spec mode - 1 minute to build to as many checkpoints as possible.

Then

Race mode - get as far as possible in 30 seconds after 30 seconds....

Spec mode again, another minute to build a path to as many checkpoints as possible then...

Race mode - Same deal

Repeat that until you get a certain number of checkpoints, you win the race, or a certain number of rounds are completed.

If people decide to place objects over the racers, then that is their fault. And most people would wait until the object was placed before they go forward. I think you would rarely get stuck in an object, and if you do, your car would just pop out of it - no big deal.

About the lag, objects should barely effect framerate. It's other vehicles that do.

I think this idea could work.

After reading more about this idea it sounds really good. When I was thinking about , i thought about it being in DM too.

I'd have to agree with InsertWittyName, it should only show the objects on other player's screens after they have been placed.

Real-time multiplayer map customization is a good idea, and can allow players to test out the map right away, without having to open the editor, and restart the map for the whole server.

This could mean even more creative game modes.

Admins should be allowed to change/ move/ delete players objects at anytime, just incase some guy decides to put a bridge in the middle of your loop-d-loop.

heh... I think something like this cant be done, but if it can, it will be pretty cool...