Whats the differnse?

Guest TDK

Question

4 answers to this question

SA-MP is made by different people. SA-MP also has deathmatch capability for GTASA but it's at a very early development stage, and although being fun it is VERY bugged. However it has a very powerful scripting engine and people have made some incredibly good game modes. MTASA is going to have a similar system, but it is still in development and nobody knows how long it will be, although don't get your hopes up for a release in the near future.

If you want to play deathmatch GTASA multiplayer, then SA-MP is probably your best bet at the moment.

As for actual differences, there are quite a few such as the client system, SA-MP has an external server browser and doesn't have an ingame console and no ingame admin system like the current version of MTASA does, although it is possible to script your own admin system using Pawno (SA-MP's scripting engine). Where MTA only has a map editor currently which allows you to make maps, SA-MP's pawno allows you to maniuplate nearly every feature of the game which is synchronized, the possibilities are endless.

Comparing the two though isn't allowed on here as it leads to flame wars, and the SA-MP team generally doesn't appreciate criticism, and since a lot of their members read this forum, I won't go any further. If you want to play GTASA deathmatch though, like I said, go download SA-MP (I think the latest version is 0.1b) but be warned it is unstable, although it does look to be very promising in the future, as does MTASA DM when/if it is released.

Hey, I have a question,

Whats the diffrence bettween these Multiplayer MOD for GTA:SA

and the Multiplayer MOD below:

http://www.sa-mp.com/

thanks in advance :wink:

As the above posts stated, MTA:DM has not yet been released. MTA:Race was made to test the core that is now being used to develop deathmatch.

Beyond that, you can't compare the two mods as there is very little information that is publically available on MTA:DM and it's features.

As for which mod is better, you can decide for yourself once MTA is released. ;)