Spectate them while they work!

paul527

This suggestion is just for the heck of it.

What if the MTA team released a client to let you spectate them while they are Beta testing. The people spectating can only communicate with other spectators, and cannot hear what the people testing are saying. (this is for privacy reasons) And they can turn the "allow Client spectators" on or off. (in case they decide to test out new features, and don't want them seeing)

The disadvantages are:

1:People will talk into the chat thinking the Testers can hear them

2:People who don't know what it is will rant "wHy cAn7 1 rUn Ar0unD n sh00tz?"

3:It could lag the server, screwing up important tests

4:People are watching them while they work!

The advantages:

1:Keeps people busy

2:People can stop saying "WHY ARENT YOU GUYS DOING ANY THING O_o"

The PC version of San Andreas was released well over a year ago and MTASA DM still isn't out, I think quite a significant portion of the fanbase (at least 50% at a guess) have already lost interest, so this kind of thing could just be the key to actually getting people excited again, since a lot of people have lost hope in the team.

The PC version of San Andreas was released well over a year ago and MTASA DM still isn't out, I think quite a significant portion of the fanbase (at least 50% at a guess) have already lost interest, so this kind of thing could just be the key to actually getting people excited again, since a lot of people have lost hope in the team.

Yep thats right!MTA DM is taking to much time!At the release afcource there will be some ppls but half of them you will lose!Thats realy sad but anyway who cares...

I like your idea paul, very interesting :D

The sad reality is that this will probably never happen for any game or mod being developed, it would just slow everything down, we'd need to update this spectate thing aswell as the clients and servers, not to mention the regular crashes that happen when we're testing completely new things.

Every (sane?) developer would agree, its just not worth it :wink:

As for the time its taking to finish MTA, it's alot closer to a release than most people know, plus there's alot of really cool stuff in it and being developed that people don't know about, which makes progress seem slow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe coordinates and such could be recorded during beta testing, and could be played-back to spectators via mtasa.com. This would prevent lag, and still allow users to get an up-close view of the action (instead of a two-dimensional video).

2:People can stop saying "WHY ARENT YOU GUYS DOING ANY THING O_o"

people who say that have never createt a game or spent more than a year on somthing which will give you nothing, just fun for others... perhaps the mta team is not the fastest team ever, but they could do other thing and we would spend our time with races for the next 10 years

do not hurry up mta team, take the time u need

@ topic that would be realy nice but it wont happen.... every 2 or 3 weeks a video would be enought

I have never seen the point in moaning about someone jumping into previous threads that have been lying in the dust for a while, no matter how long the last post was published, big whoop. If there’s an opinion that is related to the topic that has already been brought upon then there is no point in creating a new thread with a few short lines talking about an interest we might have already heard before, therefore his doing the right thing. Shows some sign of activity around these forums anyhow.

It’s a different kind of suggestion but personally I would rather see more videos published instead of this specific idea if there was a choice.