Building a Soccer Arena

Guest paddywhack7410

Hey guys.

I'm new to the MTA Map Editor, but I know the basics and the general idea of it. I plan on building a small soccer arena placed on either of the 3 airports where people could go, pick their side (goal) and play soccer. The way this would work is simple, people divide into 2 teams and start out on their side of the field. Someone counts down from 10 and once they say Go, both teams rush to the center of the field where a ball will be placed, and the teams will then have to push the ball into the opponent's goal (pretty much like a normal soccer game). Here are some problems I'm encountering:

Is there a way to make it so people can choose which spawn point they wish to spawn at when joining a game?

So far I have been testing this game with the beach ball located in the Misc. section. I can seem to bump, or rather push the ball with rather slow vehicles, but after the first push it's pretty hard to move the ball afterwards, because most of the time you just drive right through it, however, sometimes you move it. Are there other objects that I can substitute for the ball and will work better, or is there a way to fix this?

This refers back to my 2nd question (right above). If I am stuck with the beach ball to act as the soccer ball, which vehicles seem to push the ball the best? I've tried Faggios which seem to be too powerful, and I've tried the RC cars and they aren't powerful enough. Caddys just mostly drive right over them. Any ideas are appriciated.

Thanks for everyone who viewed this thread, and I would appriciate it if someone took the time to help me out. I look forward to collaborating with you guys and finishing this map. :)

-paddywhack7410

besides that 'the ball' isn't synced, its been done already

there is only one way to do this right now

(ive found a football map and improved it ;) - this is the only way you'll have a working football map - and its fun too :P

since the beachball or rock or whatever wont be synchronised too well .. i made a really simple adjustment .. use a ball that is synced .. so .. use a player as ball :D )

MTA FOOTBALL DINGHY & MTA FOOTBALL TROPIC

• 3 weeks later...

wow that really is an intuitive idea you can use the player as alot of object replacments just make a special char like a bot thats really not a player at all. question though then if a player can synch, a car can synch, guns can synch, whats the deal with other things like a simple low poly ball not synching?

wow that really is an intuitive idea you can use the player as alot of object replacments just make a special char like a bot thats really not a player at all. question though then if a player can synch, a car can synch, guns can synch, whats the deal with other things like a simple low poly ball not synching?

i guess it was a matter of effort vs need vs bandwith