will mtasa support over 100 player deathmatch?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, "pretty good" is an overstatement. Secondly, it's unrealistic to even think of having that many people in a server at once. Lag, crappiness, etc. would be outrageous. Not even just regular first-person shooters made by professional companies (I only say professional cause they get paid, you guys are probably equally as good :P) don't have hundreds of people in one server, and that would just have to sync up a person, let alone a car and yada yada.

Edited by Guest
First off, "pretty good" is an overstatement. Secondly, it's unrealistic to even think of having that many people in a server at once. Lag, crappiness, etc. would be outrageous. Not even just regular first-person shooters made by professional companies (I only say professional cause they get paid, you guys are probably equally as good :P) don't have hundreds of people in one server, and that would just have to sync up a person, let alone a car and yada yada.

Actually I would say it's an understatement, any multiplayer mod for a single player game is much more than "pretty good", maybe one day you'll appreciate that.

Ever heard of MMOs? Thousands of players in 1 server? It's completely realistic to think of having more than 100 people in a server.

They work by streaming players/objects and only sending 'sync' to the clients that need it (players that are close to eachother).

dcxbox, It isn't decided yet, there are certain game limits to consider and test, which we will get around to :P

MrJax, you're my least favourite Mortal Kombat character, along with Johnny Cage. "This is the part where you fall down" Gah, stupid johnny cage. :P

Wow, I've never heard of an MMO before! WoW, that kind of game sounds like there's a planetside's amount of people on the servers. For that many people on a server it'd be like you'd have to pay them to keep it up! You've really opened my eyes. I've have to think about it this eve on line with the internets. I bet the whole town is a city of heroes, by that I mean people watching that new show that's sweeping the airwaves. Did you hear the news, someone was charged with vehicular assault! That's auto assault, to the lay person. If the internet were to break it would be anarchy, online. The big star, wars, galaxies and other such things are in the news today.... Everquest.

:D That was fun. No offence, really. Yeah yeah, sa-mp is a mod that works. I'll shut my face and go back to waiting patiently for MTA :P

with such a massive area of gameplay in San Andreas 100 players would actually be very little, unless of couse the maps were downsized to single sections which would be nice.

are you on Crack?..... that would be horrible.. if u want a downsized map area, play mtavc... the whole idea is to be able to roam throughout the entire state.. whereever u want to.. that's what makes it so wild.. u deserve to be B*tch-slapped just for saying what you said.. lol

*SLAAAAAAAAAAPP*

it might also be fun if 100 people spawned at the same time at completely random locations around SA and then hunted each other down, every man for himself :D

Lol 100 ppls and if someone will gona kill you you won't be able to respawn only spec some ppls!And there woun't be any marks on the maps!LOL that would be crazy!Just like in CS someone take a sniper rifle get somwere in house and hunt everyone!Im sure what ONE such round will be 2-3 hours long!

Having more than 100 could be nice but not for all gamemodes.

A kind of war mode could be funny: 50vs50 with hydras, hunters tanks, bazookas etc

But for racing (exemple). Somes races are a disaster with only 32 players so imagine with 100...

Right now we are speaking about how MAXIMum players mta dm will suport!Changing amount of players you would be able to change from the server side like in MTA RACE OR SA-MP!

Overall, personally i dont like the style of gameplay with so many players crowded into one area, dosen't matter the size of the map, it wouldnt ever interest me.

A kind of war mode could be funny: 50vs50 with hydras, hunters tanks, bazookas etc

It does expand the new amount of gamemodes which could be introduced for the first time, like the idea mentioned above. It certainly would benefit quite a few players perhaps around the community who are interested in this specifc type of size culture of gaming.

with such a massive area of gameplay in San Andreas 100 players would actually be very little, unless of couse the maps were downsized to single sections which would be nice.

are you on Crack?..... that would be horrible.. if u want a downsized map area, play mtavc... the whole idea is to be able to roam throughout the entire state.. whereever u want to.. that's what makes it so wild.. u deserve to be B*tch-slapped just for saying what you said.. lol

*SLAAAAAAAAAAPP*

maybe i should have clarified,

i meant there should be different servers that have different regions and there would be full San Andreas too,

so u should be bitch slapped because i guarrentee you wouldnt like ALLL of san andreas with 50 people or so spread out

actually i think that the number of ppl a server is fun or crap depending on the map size i mean who wants too sit in san andreas with only 32 guys i personally think that sux becuz you'd have to travel halfway through the state so in a map such size you would probably need more players to make interesting (in my opinion). :D

but the point is offcourse ppl start map editing and due to the object limit maps can be verry small and playing a map with a 100+ ppl isnt rlly cool

cuz well you know every body starts shooting and you die within seconds each time and that sux. :?

actually i think that the number of ppl a server is fun or crap depending on the map size i mean who wants too sit in san andreas with only 32 guys i personally think that sux becuz you'd have to travel halfway through the state so in a map such size you would probably need more players to make interesting (in my opinion). :D

but the point is offcourse ppl start map editing and due to the object limit maps can be verry small and playing a map with a 100+ ppl isnt rlly cool

cuz well you know every body starts shooting and you die within seconds each time and that sux. :?

100 isnt even alot in gta sa. due to the map size its rather small and u will have to drive awhile looking for people when they spread out

If players were all spawned in one specifc city, including the number amount of players we are talking about now, it would slighty be more easier to find kills instead of on a widespread map. As i mentioned earlyer, i wouldnt want to see such a feature added anyway.

maybe i should have clarified,

i meant there should be different servers that have different regions and there would be full San Andreas too,

so u should be bitch slapped because i guarrentee you wouldnt like ALLL of san andreas with 50 people or so spread out

no.. you should be bitch slapped for not clarifying... :wink:

anyyywayyy...this DM is made in a way that u won't recieve any info about players that aren't in your area.. so if there are 50 ppl in san fierro, and I'm in Los santos, it wouldn't have any impact on my gameplay, cuz those people won't be loaded in my game until I get near the area they're at.. based on that, I actually think that it's possible to have quite an ammount of players on one map..

just an attempt to reach a logical answer..lol..

peace

Yes, it's always fun to play with 1000 players on :P

But eh, only if Rockstar makes GTA 4 with multiplayer, then maybe we could play with 1000 players on, cause their servers can probably handle those.

Until then we should stick with 100 players.

OR

You can make the amount of player higher if you want. Then you would need a super duper connection and comp :)

At least 100mbit (not shared), Dual Xeon ,some stuff like this.

Yes, it's always fun to play with 1000 players on :P

But eh, only if Rockstar makes GTA 4 with multiplayer, then maybe we could play with 1000 players on, cause their servers can probably handle those.

Until then we should stick with 100 players.

OR

You can make the amount of player higher if you want. Then you would need a super duper connection and comp :)

At least 100mbit (not shared), Dual Xeon ,some stuff like this.

eheh you want too much.. 1000 players? your pc is gonna blow lol. To support 1000 or even 100 players not only the server needs a good connection, every player recives packets from all the other players..

eheh you want too much.. 1000 players? your pc is gonna blow lol. To support 1000 or even 100 players not only the server needs a good connection, every player recives packets from all the other players..

Nope.. it won't blow at all... World of Warcaft... need I say more?..

so without further ado, *bitchSLAAAAAAAAAAP*

... of course i didnt mean that it's gonna explode.. don't compare WoW and SA.. SA wasn't even supposed to be an online game, and imagine that 32 players in mta race servers already make most people lag, their pings grow a little coz of their connection.. DM sends even more packets, most people's connections just wont handle that, there will be a great packet loss and that will be really shit. (Dont compare MTA:SA DM to sa-mp also, mta has a way more features that take bandwith)

... of course i didnt mean that it's gonna explode.. don't compare WoW and SA.. SA wasn't even supposed to be an online game, and imagine that 32 players in mta race servers already make most people lag, their pings grow a little coz of their connection.. DM sends even more packets, most people's connections just wont handle that, there will be a great packet loss and that will be really :~. (Dont compare MTA:SA DM to sa-mp also, mta has a way more features that take bandwith)

MTA streams everything out when the player gets a certain distance away though, so regardless of the number of people in the server players will only get data on elements that are near them.