Beta

soot

Question

I was thinking, since betas coming up and people are already being chosen, what about the people no one knows about. People who dont actually participate in the forums or irc but would make a great edition to the team. Is there a 'system' in place to accomodate these select few?

P.S. For those curious, I dont intend to 'spam'. Its just ive had these thoughts in my mind for months and im on a roll wording them.

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Software without bugs doesn't exist.

This is true, but it is possible to have software that does not have very many bugs. I am glad that the MTA team is taking a long time to release this. The longer they take the better the product will be when they release it. We wouldn't want them to release this if syncing were as bas as say SA-MP. The videos and screen shots I have seen of Blue on this site show some very impressive features. I can't wait for it to come out, and I appreciate the time of all the developers.

Software without bugs doesn't exist.

This is true, but it is possible to have software that does not have very many bugs. I am glad that the MTA team is taking a long time to release this. The longer they take the better the product will be when they release it. We wouldn't want them to release this if syncing were as bas as say SA-MP. The videos and screen shots I have seen of Blue on this site show some very impressive features. I can't wait for it to come out, and I appreciate the time of all the developers.

Agreed. I would rather them take there time and do it right, then just rush though it.

I know that everyone is excited about Multi Theft Auto:Deathmatch, myself included. I know that everyone just wants to either be a part of the beta and rush development. However, there is something that you should realize about Betas, Alphas, and everything in between. These releases of the game can be extremely unstable. Features also do not work as expected. The software is also prone to crashing. If you look at SA-MP you can see that they believe in releasing pre-final software. Most of the servers have terrible syncing, plenty of cheaters, and plenty of crashes. I rather wait for the game to be good and stable before I start playing it. The only benefit to having open betas and such would be user error reporting. The only thing that the SA-MP team did that is a good idea is adding a feature that allows you to report crashes, so their team can work on it. If such a feature could be implemented, a public beta could speed up getting the game ready for release. I just do not want everyone complaining at the developers that the product is not ready for release, so if the game is not released until it is perfect, no one will be able to complain when they start playing it.