Estimated time till mta:dm!

soot

Question

Please note that this is NOT when mta:dm will be released but an ESTIMATE based on what we are given.

Inspired by mdm13:

forget it... I think they will advance to beta stages by the end of december and release it early April
Edited by Guest
  • Answers 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• MTA Team

We have absoluty no idea. We know what we want to see implemented before release and sure, we can put an estimate on it. But that's it. I don't even dare to state how far we are away from the original internal release date.

And how does it happen? We change our roadmap, real life catches up, we find small bugs that create big set backs.

If we would say today that we would release in let's say two months and something comes up and we don't make it, then a week later people will be bitching like hell at us for not making the 'promised' release date.

We have seen it before.

If you think about how much more advanced the mod is becoming, it makes estimates even more inaccurate. They could hardly provide us with completion time for certain things in QA Team. One hidden bug can be huge and take a week or so just to iron out the bug. Hell, that was actually a public case back in... oh... 0.5? When everyone was asking where the hell the mod was, there was something major that had to be worked out for a couple weeks I think.

And how does it happen? We change our roadmap, real life catches up, we find small bugs that create big set backs.

This is one factor that some people dont seem to understand, its either they judge the fact that only because the size of the group is quite a reasonable number, that it counts in a quicker progress then lets say just one person alone creating something as an individual. If certain people leave specific parts of development its then hard to progress through inactivity or just real life procedures.

The whole argument just becomes more repetitive and theres no conclusion to finalize the reason for it apart from that everyone just has to wait until the version is finally released and to keep active on the latest news throughout the website.

What about a percentage estimate on what's going on in alpha testing? You said you guys have been working on it for quite a few months now, so you should have gotten, what, 75- 85% of it checked out?

There is a secret 'roadmap' which serves more of a reminder to fulfill things within an alotted time, but really it doesnt work well at all. That is based on the time it takes to make fixes and features, but the real timeframe is based upon what happens when you try to implement fixes and features. That is pretty unmeasurable, so therefore there cant be a promised release time. Thats why they got rid of the release progress % bars in the past, when you are forced to leave em at 90% for 3 months (eg a terrible bug that is causing more bugs when you attempt to patch it), ppl get kinda pissed off ya know :P

Maybe a progress report scalled to meet everyones needs?

Well, what are everyone's needs?

There's not much to say at the moment. The team are fixing bugs, tweaking a feature we haven't announced yet and working on the map editor (which was rewritten from scratch btw). Once the feature has been announced and the map editor has been completed, we'll have a lot more to post about.

Please note that this is NOT when mta:dm will be released but an ESTIMATE based on what we are given.

Inspired by mdm13:

forget it... I think they will advance to beta stages by the end of december and release it early April

ZOMG April! You're fan base will get preety low by then. :?

I though you guys were gona realease it about new year. :)

But.. i was so wrong. :(

So you're wrong because someone who's not on the team made up a date?

Did i say that some1 told me it would be realsed on new year?

Face it, you're not gonna squeeze a promised release date out of the team, even if you start spreading rumors.

Am i spreading anything? i just told you that i felt MTA:DM would be released not starting any rumors.