Estimated time till mta:dm!

soot

Question

Please note that this is NOT when mta:dm will be released but an ESTIMATE based on what we are given.

Inspired by mdm13:

forget it... I think they will advance to beta stages by the end of december and release it early April
Edited by Guest
  • Answers 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

People got confused when Race went from beta to semi-public beta (horrible name), so for DM we changed the name from beta to alpha. DM is currently in alpha stage and will progress to a beta with more players, chosen by invitation. Then it will enter Release Candidate (RC) stage when it is considered to ready for release. RC stage should be very short.

People got confused when Race went from beta to semi-public beta (horrible name), so for DM we changed the name from beta to alpha. DM is currently in alpha stage and will progress to a beta with more players, chosen by invitation. Then it will enter Release Candidate (RC) stage when it is considered to ready for release. RC stage should be very short.

Good to hear, I was hoping to be wrong. So in that case how long was race in beta or 'semi-public beta'?

Please remember that no-one in this forum, except for QA team members and developers, have any idea of how when it's going to be released, as been said in the first post.

We've always maintained a "it's done when it's done"-policy on this (unlike commercial projects). We do plan our features and changes, but it's very hard to tell how long each feature will take, since not everyone is around all the time.

We're pretty far ahead. Although, not everything is done yet.

Good to hear, I was hoping to be wrong. So in that case how long was race in beta or 'semi-public beta'?

Can't remember... I think it was about 2-3 weeks.

Im starting to regret this, after thinking about it and like IJs said its just silly trying to determine when something is released without actually knowing about it. DUH!! Dont know what I was thinking. Sorry. Maybe someone on the team could provide an actual estimate and then bumb it back each time something goes wrong so we can get an idea.

Every development has its haults throughout the progress of its specific creation, even this modification has no exception. We all want to see this released as soon as possible, but with the discussing of dates just leads to all different kinds of rumors and the public becoming more anxious then their previous standard.

We all want to see this released as soon as possible, but with the discussing of dates just leads to all different kinds of rumors and the public becoming more anxious then their previous standard.

I can totally respect that, thanks for letting me know.